SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Hortonworks, Inc. ® (NASDAQ: HDP), a leading innovator of open and connected data platforms, today announced its Partnerworks program has exceeded 2,100 members, illustrating strong demand for technologies that utilize data to transform business outcomes. Partnerworks is Hortonworks' global program to support and enable partners selling, implementing and innovating with Hortonworks to deliver integrated customer solutions for the datacenter and in the cloud. In the year since its launch, Partnerworks has grown significantly in both number of partners and partner engagements, becoming a world-class program that empowers partners to take advantage of open source technology and opens up new growth opportunities for partners and their customers.
Partnerworks has added over 400 partners in the past year and continues to offer new ways of enabling partners as they sell and implement Hortonworks solutions. Key advancements have included:
- Modern Data Solutions (MDS) level momentum. Introduced in June 2016, the MDS level is for partners that have certified integrations with Hortonworks solutions. This level has allowed easier adoption of big data projects by providing validated and tested integrations.
- Managed Service Provider (MSP) certification growth. Also introduced last June, the MSP certification provides a support-focused partnering approach for companies delivering managed services that include Hortonworks products.
- Over 400 technology certifications with Hortonworks' most current versions.
- Growing margins for partners to ensure the program fits their needs and allows them to grow their business.
"Hortonworks continues to be a data industry pioneer with its connected data platforms, and this momentum is reflected in its approach to working with partners," said Chris Sullivan, senior vice president of global channels and alliances at Hortonworks. "We are pleased with the significant growth of Partnerworks, which illustrates market demand for connected data platforms and ecosystem acceleration."
"Attunity data integration software facilitates universal data ingest with efficient and real-time capture of database changes with optimized delivery into Hortonworks' connected data platforms," said Itamar Ankorion, chief marketing officer at Attunity. "As a Modern Data Solutions partner with Hortonworks, we work closely together to deliver certified joint solutions, ensuring customers can more easily adopt big data projects using validated, tested integrations."
2016 Partnerworks Award Winners
Following a successful first year of the Partnerworks program, Hortonworks is proud to announce the winners of its inaugural Global Partner Awards for 2016. These partners have been essential to Hortonworks' growth, and Hortonworks is proud to work with each to bring industry-leading technology solutions to customers to help solve their data challenges:
- Global Partner of the Year – Microsoft. Recognizes efforts in building innovative and differentiated offerings to enter new market opportunities.
- Global Systems Integrator of the Year – Accenture. Recognizes partner that offers integrated solutions and services that drive customer success.
- Global Strategic Alliance of the Year – Dell EMC. Recognizes efforts in technology integration and joint go-to-market efforts, resulting in revenue growth.
Supporting Partner Quotes
"We are pleased to be recognized as Global Partner of the Year by Hortonworks," said Mitra Azizirad, corporate vice president, Microsoft Corp. "We are proud to deliver Microsoft Azure HDInsight, Hortonworks' Premier Cloud Solution and the only fully-managed Apache Hadoop offering for customers pursuing big data and analytics use cases in the cloud."
"Our alliance with Hortonworks enables us to help companies operate as Intelligent Businesses, ready to handle the data requirements of the digital age," said Atish Ray, data engineering lead at Accenture Analytics, part of Accenture Digital. "As the Internet of Things continues to drive unparalleled growth in data, together with Hortonworks we're helping build solutions that empower businesses to better manage, transform and analyze data at scale, embedding analytics throughout organizations to unlock new outcomes right across the value chain."
"At a time when Hadoop continues to gain momentum with organizations of all sizes, the importance of a strong partner ecosystem is key for success," said Armughan Ahmad, Senior Vice President of Global Solutions and Technology Alliances at Dell EMC. "And through that ecosystem, we at Dell EMC see time and again the business outcomes our joint customers achieve; including the reduction of the cost of data analytics by upwards of 80% and the ability to access and analyze data real-time. As our customer needs continue to advance, our relationship with Hortonworks continues to grow with additional tested and validated solutions providing our customers with industry leading choice based on their Hadoop workloads."
- For more information about Hortonworks Partnerworks, please visit http://hortonworks.com/partners/
- Follow @HDPartnerworks on Twitter to connect with Hortonworks partners, see the latest partner news, and learn more about Hortonworks' dynamic partner ecosystem.
Hortonworks is an industry leading innovator that creates, distributes and supports enterprise-ready open data platforms and modern data applications that deliver actionable intelligence from all data: data-in-motion and data-at-rest. Hortonworks is focused on driving innovation in open source communities such as Apache Hadoop, Apache NiFi and Apache Spark. Along with its 2,000+ partners, Hortonworks provides the expertise, training and services that allow customers to unlock transformational value for their organizations across any line of business.
Hortonworks, Powering the Future of Data, HDP and HDF are registered trademarks or trademarks of Hortonworks, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and other jurisdictions. For more information, please visit www.hortonworks.com. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hortonworks-celebrates-2016-partnerworks-award-winners-and-announces-record-ecosystem-growth-300395434.html
SOURCE Hortonworks, Inc.