RESTON, Va., April 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ekahau Inc., the high-performance leader in Real-Time Location Systems (RTLS) using active RFID-over-Wi-Fi™, announced record growth of its location-aware messaging solution with a 77 percent increase in badge tag customers since 2011. Ekahau RTLS badge tags offer two-way messaging capabilities, allowing customers to take advantage of real-time location tracking and two-way communications to ensure staff safety, reveal business intelligence and automate workflows.
Realizing the potential of leveraging their existing Wi-Fi investment, healthcare, retail and education organizations are turning to Ekahau's two-way messaging solution to give staff, teachers and students an instant safety net. Ekahau's RTLS solution allows for:
- Shorter response times with real-time location displayed for badge-holders near an emergency
- Automatic alerting upon guest or staff entry into restricted "geo-fenced" zones
- Replacement of conventional paging systems that lack location-awareness
- Mass communication notifications for groups or individuals
"Healthcare and education customers have been waiting for a safety alert system that avoids map look-ups and dialing," said Mark Norris, President and CEO of Ekahau. "Ekahau's two-way location-aware messaging solution can reduce emergency response times and the likelihood of injuries."
For healthcare providers looking to lower the cost of care while maintaining patient satisfaction as Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), Ekahau Vision™ RTLS software enables:
- Work Order Automation with badge-based text messaging to report the condition and location of assets
- Asset Tracking, Utilization Reporting and Par Level Management, including movement history reports (Forensics Replay™) and user-defined event categorization (e.g., Code Blue, Code Red, etc.)
- Location-based Patient Safety, Bed and Throughput Management for patient visibility
- Wireless Temperature Monitoring and Reporting for cost-effective Joint Commission compliance
- Optimized Patient Queuing to reduce wait times and improve satisfaction
"Operating an efficient organization depends on more than simply knowing where an asset is located in the building. Customers want new ways to review and analyze asset data, and to make better business decisions based on the intelligence revealed by our RTLS solution," said Norris.
For more information and a product demonstration, visit Ekahau during RFID Journal Live! at booth# 642, April 30 – May 2 in Orlando, Florida.
About Ekahau Inc.
Ekahau Inc. is the performance leader in providing Wi-Fi-based Real-Time Location Systems (RTLS). Ekahau RTLS with Ekahau Vision™ software and Wi-Fi-based tags gives staff and managers unprecedented visibility into the location, condition and status of assets, people and workflows. Thousands of Fortune 500 companies, hospitals and other facilities rely on Ekahau's patented technology to reveal business intelligence that drives decision-making. Ekahau partners include leading wireless software developers, systems integrators and WLAN providers. Learn more about Business Intelligence Through Location at: www.ekahau.com or on the Ekahau Blog, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Contact: Paul C. DiPerna
Ph: +1 781 684 0770
SOURCE Ekahau Inc.