Hotel Pennsylvania 'Pawses' During The Dog Days Of Summer To Gear Up For The 2014 Westminster Dog Show
NEW YORK, Aug. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As host hotel for the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, New York's Hotel Pennsylvania is already gearing up to cater to the canine clientele for the 2014 event. The World's Most 'Pup-ular' Hotel will once again be offering over the top treatment and is expecting this year to be better than ever.
The 138th Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show takes place on February 10th and 11th, 2013 with only the Breed judging and benching at Piers 92/94. The Westminster Kennel Club has arranged shuttle buses to transport exhibitors and spectators directly from the Hotel Pennsylvania to Piers 92/94 throughout each day – visit www.hotelpenn.com for details. The Groups, Junior Showmanship Finals and important Best In Show will still be held at Madison Square Garden, directly across from New York's Hotel Pennsylvania.
"While most might be relaxing during these dog days of summer, we're taking a 'paws' to gear up for the VIP's (Very Important Pooches)," said Jim Flynn, General Manager/All Dogs' Best Friend at the Hotel. "Our perfect location and exclusive amenities are a treat for all Westminster hopefuls."
New York's Hotel Pennsylvania is the only hotel for Westminster competitors and they know it. From 'pup'tual Westminster wedding ceremonies to hosting an annual Pet Fashion Show, the 2012 Pet Friendly Hotel of the Year always goes the extra mile. To prepare for this special occasion, the property is planning to set up a variety of exclusive onsite daily events and amenities to coincide with the Show exclusively for guests, including:
- Direct shuttle bus service for Dog Show exhibitors and spectators from the Hotel to Piers 92/94 each day (courtesy of Westminster).
- Exclusive welcome package for Westminster guests.
- A live Westminster Kennel Club broadcast satellite feed from the Hotel's Lobby.
- Hosting the largest in-door doggie spa in all of New York, the 1st In-Line, Inc. sponsored Green Room Salon, Spa and Canine Gym offers a variety of amenities for Show participants.
- Hosting "The Crown Jewels of Fashion and Rescue" 2014 New York Pet Fashion Show.
- Hosting a live three-hour radio broadcast of the popular pet show Talkin' Pets with Jon Patch.
- Our exclusive on-site Doggie Concierge will be working hard to attend to all canine requirements.
- The Paw Mall, located at the Dog S'paw', will feature all the latest accessories and gifts for both owners and pets to enjoy.
…and so much more! Visit www.hotelpenn.com for full details.
New York's Hotel Pennsylvania is offering unbeatable room rates for Westminster guests with dogs and those without dogs. To stay at the host hotel where all the Westminster Dog Show action happens, contact 212-736-5000 (locally), 800-223-8585 (toll-free) or visit www.hotelpenn.com today.
Westminster is the oldest, continuous sporting event in America, with the exception of the Kentucky Derby. The Dog Show is the most prestigious of National Dog Shows and has been held every year despite power shortages, hazardous weather conditions, economic depressions and World Wars.
About New York's Hotel Pennsylvania
Since 1919, New York's Hotel Pennsylvania has been host to millions of visitors to Manhattan, more than any other hotel in the world. The hotel is one of only two hotels in Manhattan to earn the prestigious ENERGY STAR award, which exemplifies superior energy performance and efficiency. With 1,705 rooms and over 90,000 square feet of function and adjacent exhibit space, the hotel's location on 7th Avenue at 33rd Street is conveniently located to the Midtown business district and within walking distance to many of Manhattan's famed tourist attractions, including Times Square, the Theater District and the Empire State Building. Directly across from Penn Station and with most major subway lines within one block makes getting to and around Manhattan exceptionally easy. Reservations can be made on-line at www.hotelpenn.com or by calling 212-736-5000 or toll-free at 800-223-8585. The World's Most Popular Hotel is a registered trademark of New York's Hotel Pennsylvania.
SOURCE New York's Hotel Pennsylvania