Hotels.com Guides Travelers to the Largest, Tallest, and Grandest
Online Booking Expert Identifies Properties with BIGGEST Potential for Unique Experiences
DALLAS, May 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Want to come back from summer vacation with a big story to tell? Everyone knows that Hotels.com® is the authority when it comes to helping vacation-goers find the best deal, but this summer the go-to hotel booking site is also helping consumers go big or go home. Whether it's the largest, tallest or grandest, Hotels.com has a recommendation for the perfect hotel for any wanderluster looking to experience a one-of-a-kind stay this summer.
Size Does Matter
- Biggest Hotel: First World Hotel, Genting Highlands, Malaysia (6,118 rooms). High among the peaks of the Titiwangsa Mountains stands the very colorful First World Hotel. It was officially crowned the biggest hotel in the world by Guinness Book of World Records for its over 6,000 modern guest rooms. It also boasts two towers that overlook a 500,000 square foot entertainment plaza with 11 restaurants, indoor and outdoor amusement parks, a rainforest and loads of shopping – just to name a few things.
- Biggest Suite: Grand Hills Hotel and Spa, Broumana, Lebanon (44,500 square feet). The Royal Residence has three floors of sprawling salons, living, and dining rooms and another three floors of luxurious bedrooms. Other perks include an in-suite wine cellar, garden and several private swimming pools.
- Biggest Lobby: Hyatt Regency, San Francisco, California (9,547,200 cubic feet). For many, this 15-story-high atrium is not just a place to check-in and out, or even an abnormally large lobby – it's a piece of contemporary art. At the center of the 351-foot-long space is Charles O. Perry's Eclipse, a 40-foot-high geodesic sphere rising from a reflecting pool into the soaring 170-foot-high space above.
Feel On Top Of the World
- Highest Elevation: Hotel Everest View (HEV), Namche, Nepal (13,000 feet above sea level). For a truly awe-inspiring experience, guests can stay at the HEV among Sherpas of the local villages near the base camp of Mount Everest. Every guest room has a panoramic view of the Majestic Mountain and 24-hour flow of fresh oxygen to help their bodies acclimate to the altitude shock.
- Highest Floors: Ritz Carlton, Hong Kong, China: (102-118 stories). At 1,600 feet above sea level, the Ritz Carlton Hong Kong is considerably closer to land than the HEV, but it's nothing to shrug at, as it offers breath-taking views of another kind.
- Tallest: Park Hyatt, Shanghai, China (1,614 feet). Situated on the 79th to 93rd floors of the Shanghai World Financial Center, the Park Hyatt isn't located quite as high as the Ritz Carlton, but it is perfect for those that want the thrill of staying in a building that towers over all but two other buildings in the entire world.
- Largest Spa Resort: Shun Jing Hot Spring Hotel, Beijing, China (1,052,676 square feet). This Guinness World Record holder is so big it took nearly 10 years to build and for some it may take nearly as long to explore its wonders. From over 90 different Japanese-style baths to napping rooms to a movie theater, guests will be volunteering to stay for 10 years of bliss.
- Largest Pool: San Alfonso del Mar, Algarrobo, Chile (20 acres). Guests in this 66 million gallon man-made paradise never have to feel crowded as they have their choice of 3,323 feet of constantly circulated seawater. This $1.6 billion masterpiece offers a wide array of water activities, including some that you won't find in any other hotel pool – sail boating anyone?
- Largest Bill: President Wilson Hotel, Geneva, Switzerland ($65,000 per night). The Royal Penthouse Suite offers spectacular views of Lake Geneva and Mont Blanc, but those views have a hefty price tag, the largest in the world by far. This doesn't come as much of a surprise as Switzerland has consistently placed on the top 20 most expensive countries list, according to the Hotel Price Index™ from Hotels.com. In fact, this year, it placed 17th, with average prices rising by a notable 16 percent.
Ashley Aberbach – Finn Partners for Hotels.com
Phone: (212) 715-1524
Email : Ashley@finnpartners.com
Taylor L. Cole, APR
Hotels.com North America
Phone: (469) 335-8442
Hotels.com is a leading online accommodation booking website with more than 150,000 properties around the world, ranging from international chains and all-inclusive resorts to local favorites and bed & breakfasts, together with all the information needed to book the perfect stay. Hotels.com benefits from one of the largest hotel contracting teams in the industry, negotiating the best rates for its customers, and offers frequent sales, special deals and promotions. There are more than 6.5 million Guest Reviews on the site from users who have actually stayed in the hotels to ensure customers can make an informed choice when booking. Through its industry-leading loyalty program Welcome Rewards™, customers can earn a free night for every 10 nights stayed at more than 65,000 hotels. Under its Price Match Guarantee, if a customer can find the same deal for less on a prepaid hotel, Hotels.com will refund the difference. Travelers can book online or by contacting one of the multilingual call centers. Special apps for mobile phones and tablets can also be downloaded at www.hotels.com/deals/mobile_app/ enabling customers to book on the go with access to 20,000 last minute deals. Hotels.com publishes an award-winning twice-yearly review of international hotel room price trends called the Hotels.com Hotel Price Index™, which is now produced in 31 individual country editions, with North American data available at www.hotel-price-index.com. Follow Hotels.com on Facebook at www.facebook.com/hotelsdotcom, on Twitter at www.twitter.com/hotelsdotcom and on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/hotelsdotcom. Hotels.com is part of Expedia Inc., the largest online travel company in the world with an extensive portfolio that includes some of the world's best-known brands.
Hotels.com, Hotel Price Index, Finding You The Perfect Place and the Hotels.com logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Hotels.com, LP. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. © 2012 Hotels.com, LP. All rights reserved. CST # 2083949-50
More by this Source
Hoteles.com: Suiza tiene el Club Sándwich más caro
Jun 12, 2013, 10:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.