Houston Technology Center Announces 2012 Goradia Innovation Prizes
Prize is awarded to best innovations from leading Texas Gulf Coast universities and research institutions
HOUSTON, Oct. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Houston Technology Center (HTC), a business accelerator and the largest technology business incubator in Texas, announces 2012 Goradia Innovation Prize winners.
The Goradia Innovation Prize, with Opportunity Houston, distributes almost $150,000 in cash prizes to finalists and honorable mentions of early stage companies that have commercialized or will soon commercialize innovative technology within the Gulf Coast region at the 2012 Innovation Conference and Showcase. The award is based on commercial potential of the innovation, soundness of the business plan, potential for job growth within the region and likelihood of significant long-term success selected by a prestigious panel of judges. HTC is excited to recognize the following 2012 Goradia prize winners:
- GRAND PRIZE of $50K awarded to Procyrion, Inc., Benjamin Hertzog, President & CEO. Procyrion is developing the first catheter-deployed circulatory assist device for long-term use to treat Class III-IV heart failure patients in the US who have few therapeutic options.
- 1ST PLACE of $35K awarded to Smart Office Energy Solutions, Bryan Hassin, Co-Founder & CEO. Smart Office Energy Solutions reduces office energy consumption by up to 25% by engaging the people inside it.
- 2ND PLACE of $25K awarded to SHMsoft, Inc., Mark Kerzner, President & CEO. A Big Data solutions provider, is the first to develop an open-source e-Discovery solution that uses advanced clustering technology.
- 3RD PLACE of $15K awarded to DreamSaver Enterprises, LLC, Chris Shiver, President & Founder. Composite Thermal Transfer Prevention materials and solutions based on Space Shuttle heat shield materials stop the transfer of heat more efficiently, against higher temperatures, with lower cost and lighter weight.
- Honorable Mentions include Akros TechLabs, LLC, Sid Prasanna, CEO; CBM Enterprise Solutions, LLC, Cindy Boyd, CEO; Epic One Corporation, William Gomez, Jr., Co-Founder; Nurtured by Design, Yamile Jackson, CEO & Founder
"The innovations of these thriving young companies will have significant economic impact on our community and positions Houston as a global technology hub," said Walter Ulrich, President and CEO of the Houston Technology Center.
The Houston Technology Center gratefully acknowledge the support and contribution of Mr. Vijay Goradia, his wife, Dr. Marie Goradia, and their family, for donating $1 million to the Goradia Innovation Prize to be distributed over 10 years, and the Greater Houston Partnership for donating $100,000 over two years.
About Houston Technology Center
Named among Forbes' top 12 "business incubators changing the world," Houston Technology Center (HTC), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization is a business accelerator that assists Houston-based emerging technology companies by providing in-depth business guidance, access to capital and service providers, and education. For more information, visit www.houstontech.org.
About The Greater Houston Partnership
GHP is the primary advocate of the Houston's business community and is dedicated to building regional economic prosperity. It represents 10 counties: Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, San Jacinto and Waller. And, Opportunity Houston is an aggressive five-year marketing and lead generation program that will help grow jobs, increase capital investment and expand foreign trade for the region by the end of 2015. Visit the Greater Houston Partnership on the World Wide Web at houston.org.
Houston Technology Center Contact:
M. Heather Dunn
Director, Marketing and Communications
Houston Technology Center
SOURCE Houston Technology Center
More by this Source
Houston Technology Center Announces 2013 Goradia Innovation Prizes
Oct 09, 2013, 15:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.