LONDON, Feb. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
How Britain Shops Gardening is part of Verdict's How Britain Shops series, which surveys 12,000 shoppers online to gauge how the nation shops across 12 different retail sectors. The report provides valuable insights into the UK gardening shopper demographics and shopping habits as well as gardening retailers' performance in relation to the shopping drivers deemed important by consumers.
- Use retailer ratings across eight key metrics to benchmark the performance of retailers in the gardening market
- Understand what channels shoppers are using to make purchases and see how this varies across regions and demographics to improve customer targeting
- Identify what factors gardening shoppers find important, and how well retailers satisfy the expectations of their shoppers
Gardening is weighted toward female consumers in the UK, with 51.8% of shoppers belonging to this gender group. While female consumers make up the majority of gardening shoppers, they lag behind male consumers in shopping frequency.
Store is still the main channel used for gardening shopping, with 57.4% of gardening consumers buying in store and taking their purchases home immediately.
Despite capturing higher shares of the gardening market, specialists Wyevale and Dobbies are increasingly challenged by general merchandisers and grocers.
Reasons To Buy
- How much better off do gardening shoppers feel in comparison to last year?
- Which gardening retailers have the highest share of visitors and purchasers?
- What are the primary channels used for gardening shopping?
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3599828/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48