H&R Block Canada and Yodlee Partner to Deliver Tax Applications to Financial Institutions TaxCentre Application Launches with its First Canadian Customer
CALGARY, Canada and REDWOOD CITY, Calif., March 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- H&R Block Canada, Inc., one of Canada's leading tax preparation companies, and Yodlee, Inc., the industry's first financial cloud for global money management, today announced a new partnership to develop and build financial applications focused on making taxes easier for consumers in Canada.
"With more Canadians taking charge of their household budgets and expenses, we know people want to have a better understanding of their tax situation, rather than waiting until the deadline," said Bob Lougen, president, H&R Block Canada. "Working with Yodlee gives us access to one of the best technology platforms and, by adding our tax expertise, we can deliver customized solutions to suit Canadian taxpayers via trusted financial institutions."
The partnership has already delivered the first H&R Block TaxCentre application to the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) as part of its myFinanceTracker solution for its online banking customers.
Features of the H&R Block TaxCentre powered by Yodlee include:
- File My Taxes: The "File My Taxes" FinApp will display the H&R Block logo along with a simple marketing message to encourage end-users to click a button to view partner specific promotions.
- Frequently Asked Tax Questions: This FinApp provides access to a massive knowledge base of the most frequently asked tax questions to help find specific answers quickly and easily.
- Tax Estimator: This FinApp will use manually entered data to calculate an estimate of the user's tax refund or balance owing to help anticipate and plan for the finished tax return.
- RRSP Calculator: Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs) are an important investment vehicle for tax savings. The RRSP Contributions FinApp allows a user to estimate tax savings by (1) manually entering in key data about their particular situation, (2) seeing how contributions impact their taxes, and (3) determining if a loan to support the contribution is advantageous if the money needed is not immediately available.
- Tax news: Users can access some of the latest news and information published by The Tax Advisory at H&R Block.
- Secure and protected online environment
- H&R Block's 100 per cent accuracy guarantee
"We believe that integrating tax preparation and filing within the banking and money management experience will help consumers avoid surprises and make better financial decisions by understanding their tax liability and position all year long," said Joe Polverari, chief marketing and strategy officer at Yodlee. "At Yodlee, we are passionate about bringing solutions to market – like H&R Block TaxCentre – that help consumers simplify and solve real problems in innovative new ways."
For more information on H&R Block TaxCentre powered by Yodlee, you can see a demo or visit the Yodlee FinApps™ website. Financial institutions interested in the TaxCentre FinApp can reach Yodlee and H&R Block via this form.
More than 35 million consumers currently access Yodlee's solutions through the North America's leading online banking and portal sites. The H&R Block TaxCentre powered by Yodlee is available to all financial institutions using the Yodlee FinApp Platform.
About H&R Block Canada
H&R Block Canada has been preparing taxes for more than 45 years and is Canada's leading tax preparation firm. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, the company serves Canadian taxpayers in more than 1,100 offices across the country. H&R Block Canada Inc. is a subsidiary of H&R Block, Inc., a diversified company with subsidiaries providing a wide range of financial products and services. Additional information about H&R Block Canada is available at 1-800-HRBLOCK or visit www.hrblock.ca for more tax tips.
About Yodlee, Inc.
Yodlee created the industry's first, patented, financial cloud for global money management. Powering services for 7 of the top 10 U.S. financial institutions and more than 35 million consumers, Yodlee removes the friction from financial management, making it a more insightful, interactive, and actionable experience for consumers while delivering retention, engagement, and revenue for financial providers. Yodlee is driving the new era of digital banking - anywhere, anytime, on any device.
Yodlee is headquartered in Redwood City, California. For more information, visit www.yodlee.com.
Yodlee is a registered trademark of Yodlee, Inc. FinApp is a trademark of Yodlee, Inc. All other products and services mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Yodlee, Inc.