Huawei Continues to Drive ICT Innovation from Networks to Devices at CTIA Wireless 2012
NEW ORLEANS, May 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- International CTIA Wireless 2012 -- Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, today announced its continued commitment to delivering comprehensive ICT solutions for carrier, enterprise and consumer-level customers at CTIA Wireless 2012.
The rapid increase in demand for consumers to be "always on" has placed significant pressure on mobile broadband networks to provide gigabit-level capacity, particularly in the U.S. market. Additionally, consumers are demanding an enhanced user experience with their devices operating on these networks. Huawei is positioned to drive next-generation technology from the carrier networks to handheld and smartphone devices through its expertise in both segments of the industry.
In order for consumers to enjoy enhanced device features like increased download speeds and ultra-fast Internet browsing, Huawei has made significant technical advancements for mobile broadband networks.
At the show, the company will showcase the following products and solutions:
- Devices – Many of Huawei Devices' recently launched handsets and tablets will be on display, including the Ascend P1, Ascend D Quad, and the 10" MediaPad.
- Adaptive Radio Unit (ARU) – Huawei's Active Antenna System (AAS) solution which supports integrated radio and antenna capable of three simultaneous RF bands, vertical and horizontal cell splitting, and user-level beam forming.
- AtomCell – The AtomCell is Huawei's next generation platform for small cells. It is designed for site optimization and ease of deployment—One Site, One Box . The Atom constitutes the basic component of Huawei's AtomCell solution. Utilizing advanced technologies, the Atom integrates baseband, radio frequency, and power amplifier functionality in one small box. Using this component and a suitable antenna module, many different types of aesthetic form factors can be built.
- eRelay – Huawei believes that a Non-Line-of-Sight (NLOS) wireless backhaul is required for the flexibility in deployment to achieve precise coverage. The company's small cell portfolio includes a unique NLOS Point-to-Multipoint solution called eRelay to provide wireless backhaul capability for the small cells.
- New capabilities of SingleSON – Self Organizing Network (SON) introduces automation for many tasks that are currently performed manually, providing capabilities for self-deployment, self-optimization, and self-maintenance. SingleSON extends the SON feature set to the multi-RAT, multi-layer network.
- 1024 QAM IP Microwave Radio – Huawei is demonstrating new 1024 QAM modulation scheme on our IP Microwave Radio. The company is also demonstrating its upcoming "Full Outdoor" IP Microwave Radio and its new E-Band Radio to operate in the 70Ghz and 80Ghz frequency bands.
CTIA Wireless 2012 is taking place from May 8 to 10 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Huawei's booth at CTIA Wireless 2012 is #3301.
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population. For more information, visit Huawei online: www.huawei.com. Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/huaweipress and YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/HuaweiPress.
About Huawei Device
Huawei Device believes that everyone can be the center of information and that the world would be a better place if access and information barriers were knocked down. Its strong suite of mobile phones, mobile broadband devices and home devices is testimony to Huawei Device's focus on customers and its commitment to providing user-friendly mobile internet experiences through ongoing innovation. Based on more than two decades of success in the information and communications industry, and with our own channel expertise, operational capabilities and global partner resources, Huawei Device is transforming from a company that sells millions of devices in single transactions to large businesses, to a "Business-to-People (B2P) brand that also sells individual devices directly to millions of people. As at the end of 2011, Huawei Device serves more than 500 operators all over the world. For more information, visit Huawei Device online: www.huaweidevice.com.
More by this Source
Huawei Signs M2M Distribution Agreement with Embedded Works
May 21, 2013, 09:00 ET
Numerex and Huawei Team Up for M2M Communication Innovation
May 21, 2013, 09:00 ET
Huawei Enterprise Revs Up U.S. Channel with ICT Nation Partner Summit
May 20, 2013, 12:50 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.