Huawei Launches Most Powerful Member of CloudEngine Family of Data Center Switches CE12816 Combines Largest Single-Frame Switching Capacity in Industry with Optimized Energy Efficiency
LAS VEGAS, May 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Interop -- Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, today launched the newest and most powerful member of its innovative CloudEngine (CE) series of switches, the CE12816, at Interop 2013. The CE12816 provides the largest switching capacity in the industry at 64 Tbps, and extends Huawei's leadership in the high-performance data center switching market.
Leveraging Huawei's next-generation VRP8 software platform, the CE12816 provides stable, reliable, secure, and high-performance L2/L3 switching capabilities to help customers build scalable, virtualized and high-quality data center architectures. Its advanced hardware architecture is designed to have the highest performance of any currently available core switch. Like all the switches in the Cloud Engine 12800 family, the CE12816 provides support for 1, 10, 40 and 100 GE connectivity. Densities supported on the CE12816 include up to 192*100GE, 384*40GE, or 1536*10GE line-speed ports, ensuring that the CloudEngine supports multi-generational network investment.
"The launch of the CloudEngine 12816 is the culmination of our vision to offer enterprises with an affordable and powerful data center solution that addresses the challenges and opportunities presented by cloud computing and ICT convergence," said Ian Foo, director of Data Center Products and Solution, Huawei Enterprise USA. "Today's announcement underscores Huawei's commitment to lead the industry with innovative solutions that combine high performance with energy saving technologies to greatly reduce total cost of ownership for our customers."
CloudEngine Series: Scaleable, Virtualized and Energy Efficient
Based on more than 10 years of accumulated research and development, as well as continued investment in industry standards, Huawei developed the CloudEngine series to handle challenges faced by to data center networks in the cloud computing era. The CloudEngine series switches provide stable, reliable, secure and high-performance services by incorporating innovations in functionality and design. Feature highlights include:
- Highly scalable, the CloudEngine series provides high bandwidth of up to 2 Tbit/s per slot(scalable to 4 Tbit/s) and switching capacity of 64 Tbit/s, which is three times the industry's highest level, and can support evolution from GE/10GE servers to 40GE/100GE servers over a 10-year span, helping customers protect their investment.
- Enhancing device management and network reliability, the CloudEngine series incorporates the Cluster Switch System (CSS) feature to virtualize multiple switches into one logical switch, as well as the Virtual System (VS) feature to virtualize one switch into multiple independent logical devices. Together, the innovative use of CSS and VS turns the network into a resource pool, allowing network resources to be allocated on demand.
- The CloudEngine series also supports virtual machines by allowing network administrators to build large-scale Layer 2 networks with over 500 nodes based on TRILL, allowing for fast migration and flexible service deployment. Combined with the usage of the nCenter, network management system, the CloudEngine series is able to achieve over 10 times the virtual parallel processing capability of the industry average.
- The CloudEngine series incorporates the industry's most efficient digital power modules, providing power efficiency of 96 percent. The system measures power consumption in real time and sets one or more power modules in sleep mode when system power demands are low. In addition, the switch uses patented front-to-rear ventilation channel design that isolates cold air channels from hot air channels.
The Huawei CloudEngine series switches comprise CE12800 core switches, as well as CE6800 and CE5800 TOR switches. For specific pricing and availability of CloudEngine products, please contact Huawei at enterprise.usa@Huawei.com.
Interop is an independently organized conference and exhibition designed to empower information technology professionals to make smart business decisions. Interop offers a strong combination of educational content, a dynamic exhibition of technology providers, and peer networking to IT professionals across all industries, so that they can investigate and discover transformative technologies and ideas to put to work across their enterprise. Interop has a 26 year history in the US – and has expanded beyond its beginnings in network infrastructure to encompass a broad range of technologies including Cloud, Virtualization, Data Centers, Wireless & Mobility, and Information Security.
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
For more information, visit Huawei online: www.huawei.com.
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/huaweipress and on
For more information, please visit http://enterprise.huawei.com/us
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/huaweiENT
Director, Public Relations
(240) 472-1724 (mobile)
(415) 318-4225 (office)
Director, Enterprise Analyst Relations
(408) 330 5324
(408) 799-1109 (mobile)
1. Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL), standard by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).