LAS VEGAS, May 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Interop -- Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, today announced the launch of "ICT Nation", a new initiative designed to help enterprises meet the challenges and leverage the opportunities presented by the synergies of information and communication technologies At Interop, Huawei will showcase its latest innovations for the ICT Nation, including Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), Cloud Data Center, eLTE trunking, and Software-defined networking (SDN) solutions.
The radical transformation of enterprise infrastructure continues, with bigger, faster distributed data centers now combined with mobile device and wireless communication technologies. With its proven leadership in the carrier, device and enterprise markets, Huawei is in a unique position to help IT professionals forge broad data center strategies that integrate more cost-effective cloud-based IT infrastructure with the type of communications network infrastructure that only carriers were concerned with in the past. With innovative ICT solutions, Huawei and its partners are ideally positioned to help customers take control of wireless and mobile technologies, which are flooding the enterprise.
"ICT Nation is a community of vendors, partners and IT professionals who share a common goal of assimilating wireless communications, data center and cloud technologies to transform ICT into a competitive edge," said Jane Li, recently appointed Chief Operating Officer, Huawei Enterprise USA.
"At Interop, we will feature a solutions portfolio that reflects our leadership in networking, cloud and LTE—among others—along with experienced partners to enable U.S. enterprises to capitalize on ICT confluence," added Victor Shen, Chief Executive Officer, Huawei Enterprise USA.
In 2011, Huawei established its Enterprise Business Group to leverage the opportunities offered by the growth in cloud computing and the rise of ICT convergence. In the U.S., Huawei continues to build a robust and harmonious ecosystem, aimed at supporting partner growth and sales. This has proved a key differentiator in Huawei signing additional channel partners that specialize in such industries as education, retail, manufacturing and media.
"Enterprise solution vendors of the future must have portfolios and expertise that address the needs of customers in demanding ICT environments, including solutions that integrate Cloud Apps, Big Data, Mobility and Social Business," said Vernon Turner, SVP Research, IDC. "Enterprises will need trusted vendors that will help them address all these challenges in an ICT environment."
At Interop, Huawei will conduct demonstrations on its latest ICT innovations. Select partners will also be on hand to share their insight on a wide variety of topics. Key highlights include:
- BYOD – Huawei will discuss the four pillars of a successful BYOD strategy: a secure end-to-end network; effective mobile device management; secure application development and deployment; and environment-aware policy.
- Cloud Data Center – Huawei will showcase its Distributed Cloud Data Center (DC2) which is able to consolidate multiple dispersed, layered, and heterogeneous data centers into a new distributed cloud data center by using an innovative architecture. Distributed Cloud Data Center (DC2) consists of industry leading ICT products and solutions, such as the Huawei CloudEngine 12816 data center switch with the highest performance in the world, the highly efficient Huawei Cloud OS- FusionSphere, the Huawei Big Data Storage N9000 with large-scale horizontal expansion, and the Huawei unified data center operation and maintenance management system—ManageOne with 1M servers management capacity.
- SDN – Software Defined Networks promise to revolutionize the way networks are built and operated. Huawei will shed light on its SDN strategy and discuss how to increase efficiency and scalability in network design.
- eLTE Broadband Trunking Solution - It is the industry's first professional broadband trunking solution. It offers efficient voice and video dispatching, flexible support for multiple frequency bands, agile network establishment, and strong capabilities to operate in harsh environments.
- Showcase – Huawei partners HVE Connexion, Netfast, Primasense, Softnet Solutions and Zadara Storage will discuss a variety of topics including data center analytics, enterprise mobility, private storage for public clouds and more.
Huawei is located at Booth 1439 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas. Interop Las Vegas 2013 is held from May 6 to 10, 2013, in Las Vegas, USA. For more information on Huawei's participation and events, please visit:
Interop is an independently organized conference and exhibition designed to empower information technology professionals to make smart business decisions. Interop offers a strong combination of educational content, a dynamic exhibition of technology providers, and peer networking to IT professionals across all industries, so that they can investigate and discover transformative technologies and ideas to put to work across their enterprise. Interop has a 26 year history in the US – and has expanded beyond its beginnings in network infrastructure to encompass a broad range of technologies including Cloud, Virtualization, Data Centers, Wireless & Mobility, and Information Security.
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
Director, Public Relations
(240) 472-1724 (mobile)
Fleishman Hillard for Huawei
Director, Enterprise Analyst Relations
(408) 330 5324
(408) 799-1109 (mobile)