Huawei Showcases Innovative Solutions for Cable MSO's at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo®
ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SCTE Cable-Tec Expo® 2012 -- Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, is showcasing its innovative solutions tailored for Cable MSO's (Multi Service Operators) at this year's SCTE Cable-Tec Expo from October 17-19 in Orlando, Fla.
Huawei will focus on the following products and solutions at this event:
- 100G/400G – As the leader in the deployment of Optical Networks, these solutions allow seamless transition and growth in an operator's network from access to core.
- EPoC/DPoE – A prototype demo of EPoC, as well as the company's end-to-end DPoE network solutions that share the same foundation as our new EPoC platform. These offerings allow operators to upgrade their platforms efficiently and effectively.
- NE40E+ATN – As the leader in back-haul deployments, this hardware showcase offers operators leading features and functionality including reduced power, high density and 10GE to 100GE interfaces for both backhaul as well as commercial deployments all supporting extensive OAM for SLA guarantees.
- RCS Solution – A live demo for phone, Smartphone and STB/TV crossing home device, enabling the communication of multiple devices on a single platform.
- SMB Voice Solution – For commercial applications, the company's SMB voice solution provides strong rich and powerful applications like Centrex, Video Conference, and Convergent Communications specifically for MSO operations.
- Power – Green Energy for the MSO industry; Huawei's rectifiers offer the highest levels of efficiencies and densities coupled with the lowest noise levels—critical elements for today's tight data center space.
"Huawei has a deep and strong ecosystem of globally-leading technology solutions to help provide cost-effective upgradeable end-to-end solutions to the MSO market," said Ron Pitcock, General Manager of Huawei's MSO business organization. "Additionally, Huawei's solutions are created with network operations in mind; Enabling performance tracking and SLA guarantees, which are critical for competitive success in the Commercial Segments for an MSO operator."
As part of the focus on Digital Video 2.0, Huawei will feature its Cable Experience Lab project. Cable Experience Lab is an ongoing multi-vendor project to innovate in the business model and end user service mash-ups underpinned by the evolution of communications networks and architectures The current work includes a reference architecture designed to fully integrate the home network with the service enabler "Cloud" and to treat all people, devices, and personas within the household under the same service umbrella. This live demo will be available to be seen during the exhibit hall hours.
Huawei is pleased to support SCTE's education efforts and our executives will participate in multiple thought leadership topics and seminar during Cable-Tec Expo:
- Tuesday, October 16
- 2:45-4:00pm: Frank Miller, Chief Technology Officer, is moderating a panel titled "Fast Times: Speed Tiers and their Impact on Your Network"
- Thursday, October 18
- 8:00am-9:15am: Heshem ElBakoury, Principal Engineer, is participating on a panel titled "International Efforrts for Next Generation HFC Standards"
- 11:00am-12:15pm: Co-author Mukta Kar is presenting on behalf of Alex Giladi, Architect Senior Software, and Cable Labs, on a panel titled "Advanced Encoding for an Untethered World: Building DASH-based Systems for Live Broadcast"
- 4:00pm-4:30pm: Pedro Fernandez, Director of R&D, is presenting on "High Efficiency Power and Beyond"
- Friday, October 19
- 1:00-2:15pm: Frank Miller, Chief Technology Officer, is moderating a panel titled "Fast Times: Speed Tiers and their Impact on Your Network" (repeated)
- 4:00-5:15pm: Co-author Mukta Kar is presenting on behalf of Alex Giladi, Architect Senior Software, and CableLabs, on a panel titled "Advanced Encoding for an Untethered World: Building DASH-based Systems for Live Broadcast" (repeated)
Visit Huawei Booth 2647 to view Huawei's latest products and solutions.
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population. For more information, visit Huawei online: www.huawei.com. Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/huaweipress and YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/HuaweiPress.
Media Relations Contact:
Jannie Luong, Huawei
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.