BERLIN, June 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Huawei will keynote and showcase its innovative products and solutions at the second Open Platform for Network Function Virtualization (OPNFV) Summit, held from June 20-23 in Berlin, Germany. As a Platinum Sponsor at the Summit, Huawei will showcase its platform of all-cloud carrier network solutions.
On June 23, Forrest Lee, Director of OPNFV's Open Source Development Team (OSDT) at Huawei, will deliver a keynote speech about OPNFV for the all-cloud carrier network, which will focus on how to move from virtualization to full-scale cloudification, and how OPNFV can develop into a full-scale cloud platform. Lee will also provide detailed information on Huawei's plans for OPNFV.
"The OPNFV platform will play a key role in enabling the all-cloud carrier network, based on what richer network innovations will be expected," said Lee. "All-cloud carrier network will take the form of hardware resource pooling, an all-distributed system and complete automation. This is a resource that can be shared widely. The system will be highly scalable, elastic and extremely robust. The service deployment and provisioning, resource scheduling and fault management will be policy driven and fully automatic."
During the Summit, Huawei will demonstrate five NFV innovations that are targeted for commercial deployment including:
- CloudEPC: Interoperability demo with WindRiver, Red hat, Ubuntu and VMware
- ONOS: SDN-based SFC Solution for Mobile Service Provider Edge
- OPEN-O: Next Generation OSS Foundation for ICT Service Agility
- E9000 server: Best-in-class hardware platform for NFV
- CloudOpera IES: Assurance Enabling VoLTE Orchestration
Parallel to the Summit, Huawei will be a part of the ONOS and Open-O mini-Summit on June 20-21. Recently, Huawei proposed an Open-O project in the OPNFV community.
As a Platinum Sponsor and leading contributor at OPNFV, Huawei will be a part of multiple projects including:
- Bottlenecks – an OPNFV performance testing project aimed to find system bottlenecks and verify OPNFV infrastructure before committing to a production environment.
- Compass4nfv – one of the important OPNFV deployment tools is an important deployment tool for OpenStack.
- Yardstick – an OPNFV project to verify the infrastructure compliance when running VNF applications.
- DoveTail – a project that will define and provide a set of OPNFV validation criteria that will be executed to evaluate the use of OPNFV trademarks.
- ONOSFW – a project to integrate ONOS SDN controller within the OPNFV-defined NFVI and VIM framework, which aims to provide the end user and open source communities with greater flexibility to build service applications.
- DOMINO – a project to help carriers distribute template across diffrent infrastructure domains based on global policies while leaving infrastructure domain-specific orchestrations to the local domains.
- Opera – a project that addresses OPNFV MANO integration for generic VNFM with OPEN-O acting as a generic NFVO to support cloudification of OSS/BSS.
Huawei open source experts have fulfilled a wide range of important positions such as board member, technical steering committee member and project leader. It has more than 70 committers and over 30 active developers, who are playing a critical role in developing the OPNFV ecosystem. The company also backed two OPNFV testing labs to the OPNFV community—one in Xi'an, China, and the other in Santa Clara, California. Both labs play an important part in OPNFV release development and testing within a sustainable environment.
In the first OPNFV Interoperability Plugfest, held by CableLabs in May, Huawei's E9000 Converged Infrastructure Blade Server, Fusionsphere Cloud Operating System, and CloudEPC, were used with ONOSFW. As a key contributor of Functest and Yardstick testing suits in the Plugfest, Huawei shared its testing solutions based on Yardstick and provided technical support throughout the event.
OPNFV's second release, Brahmaputra (B), was published on March 1.This release focused on delivering lab-ready reference platforms by working with different ecosystems in the industry, that allowed vendors and carriers to verify the NFV concept. Compared to the Arno (A) release, with the second release there has been a significant increase in the number of upstream communities, participating projects, code authors, supporting labs, and commits. As OPNFV matures, collaborating upstream is improving NFV integration and the testing experience.
As a leading ICT solution provider, Huawei values open source networking platforms, as it enables collaboration by industry partners and customers. Huawei has been an active player in more than 170 open source communities. In addition to OPNFV, Huawei is a platinum member of Linux Foundation, a gold member of OpenStack and CloudFoundry, and a founding member of ONOS.
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Our aim is to enrich life and improve efficiency through a better connected world, acting as a responsible corporate citizen, innovative enabler for the information society, and collaborative contributor to the industry. Driven by customer-centric innovation and open partnerships, Huawei has established an end-to-end ICT solutions portfolio that gives customers competitive advantages in telecom and enterprise networks, devices and cloud computing. Huawei's 170,000 employees worldwide are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers. Our innovative ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. Founded in 1987, Huawei is a private company fully owned by its employees.
For more information, please visit Huawei online at www.usahuawei.com, www.huawei.com or follow us on:
FleishmanHillard for Huawei Technologies USA
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/huawei-to-keynote-and-showcase-all-cloud-carrier-network-during-second-opnfv-summit-300287070.html