Huawei to Showcase Infrastructure for the HPC Cloud at Supercomputing 2013
DENVER, Nov. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SC13 -- Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, today announced it will demonstrate a wide array of next-generation server, storage and networking products for HPC at Supercomputing 2013. These innovative offerings are designed for HPC architects building HPC clouds — environments that must efficiently support a wider range of HPC applications than purpose-built clusters deployed in the past.
The Huawei strategy for HPC infrastructure is to lead the transition from HPC cluster silos to HPC clouds, which host a diverse set of applications and are shared by a variety of users. The Huawei portfolio of products represent a new generation of HPC infrastructure that is more flexible. Huawei servers for HPC can scale processors, GPUs, storage and embedded networks to record-breaking bandwidth. Huawei storage for HPC can simultaneously scale-out, scale-up, scale-deep and scale-in. And carrier-class Huawei networks are designed from the ground up for the future of software defined networking in the HPC data center.
"At Supercomputing 2013, Huawei will be showing for the first time in the US our servers, networks and storage for HPC clusters," said Jane Li, COO, Huawei Enterprise USA. "But we're most excited about hearing feedback from the SC13 attendees about our new generation of products for the HPC cloud."
Huawei will conduct demonstrations on its latest ICT innovations at SC13. Executives and product specialists will be on hand to share their insight on HPC. Products that will be on display at SC13 include:
- OceanStor 18000 Enterprise Storage System – Scale-out, scale-up, scale-deep, and scale-in for HPC application flexibility.
- Tecal E9000 Blade Server – Scale CPUs, GPUs, storage and network capacity to record-breaking bandwidth for a single chassis. The version will be presented at SC13 with new compute node, Tecal CH242, based on four Intel® Xeon® E7-4800 series processors, with up to ten cores each, a L3 cache capacity of 30 MB, 6.4 GT/s QPI, hyper-threading, and Turbo acceleration technology. It best suits core business areas such as enterprise ERP, CRM and data centers.
- OceanStor 9000 NAS Storage Solution – Store data with the fastest NAS system in the world, and the largest file system in the industry.
- Tecal X8000 High Density Server – Configure CPU, memory and storage to form high density cluster compute nodes, fat compute nodes, GPU nodes or storage nodes.
- CloudEngine Data Center Switches - Build elastic, virtualized, high quality and integrated cluster networks.
Industry Collaboration and Customer Success
In the server and storage realms, Huawei's collaboration with Intel goes back more than a decade and continues to expand. "A year ago we entered into a global strategic partnership for IT products and solutions that has benefited both companies, particularly in the storage and server market," said George Ling, Director of Infrastructure, Enterprise and World Ahead, Intel China, "As the market evolves and as Huawei's HPC solution gathers more momentum, we will continue to work closely with Huawei on uncovering new opportunities presented by cloud computing and big data."
Huawei HPC solutions have been deployed and tested by leading organizations around the world, including:
- CERN: Earlier this year, Huawei became an official partner of CERN openlab, with the physics research facility giving the thumbs-up to the Chinese firm's exascale-targeting, mass object-based storage infrastructure. By joining CERN openlab as a contributor, Huawei has developed to meet the challenges of exascale data storage (wherein one exabyte = 1,048,576 terabytes); Huawei has since commercialized the solution.
- University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC): In August 2013, Huawei's high performance storage system paired with the Hyades supercomputer system at UCSC allowed researchers to process data for computational astrophysics research at the petabyte and exabyte level.
Huawei will be located at Booth 4018/19 at the Colorado Convention Center in the heart of downtown Denver. SC13 will be held from Nov. 17-22.
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world's population.
For more information, visit Huawei online: www.huawei.com.
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/huaweipress and on
Director, Public Relations
(240) 472-1724 (mobile)
Fleishman Hillard for Huawei