HubSpot Releases 2012 State of Inbound Marketing Report Influence of Inbound Marketing Continues Substantial Growth
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., Feb. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- HubSpot, Inc. published its annual 2012 State of Inbound Marketing report. Data is based on a January 2012 survey of 972 professionals familiar with their business' marketing strategy. Professionals include marketers, business owners, entrepreneurs, and executives at companies of various sizes. The report has been released annually since 2009.
Some key findings of the 2012 report include:
- Inbound leads cost 61% less per lead than outbound leads. TweetThis!
- 57% of companies with a blog have acquired a customer from their blog. TweetThis!
- 92% of companies who blog multiple times per day have acquired a customer from their blog. TweetThis!
- 70% of marketers indicate that they blog at least weekly. TweetThis!
- 65% of B2B companies report that they have acquired a customer through LinkedIn. TweetThis!
- 81% of businesses reported their company blog is useful to critical for their business. TweetThis!
"With this report in it's fourth consecutive year, and the marketing industry in the middle of huge transformation, we see some really interesting growth from 2009 to 2012," said Mike Volpe, CMO of the all-in-one marketing software provider. "The average company spent 9% of its marketing budget on blogs and social media in 2009. That's jumped to 21% this year," he continued.
Mike and Inbound Marketer Melissa Miller will hold a webinar on Thursday, March 1 to discuss the findings in the report. To sign up for the webinar and download the report, visit www.hubspot.com/soim.
HubSpot, Inc. offers an all-in-one marketing software platform that has helped more than 6,000 companies in 43 countries increase the number of visitors to their websites and convert more of those visitors to leads and customers. Applications in the software platform include website management, blogging, search engine optimization, lead management, marketing analytics, email marketing, landing pages, and social media monitoring. HubSpot is also the developer of the popular marketing analysis tool, MarketingGrader.com, which grades the marketing efforts of over 250,000 companies a month. HubSpot, Inc. was founded in 2006 and is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Find them at http://www.HubSpot.com.
SOURCE HubSpot, Inc.