CHICAGO, Feb. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Travel fans are being given another chance to win 50 fabulous vacations at destinations around the world with the latest version of Orbitz.com's Facebook sweepstakes Orbitz 50 Faves(1), a fun and free Facebook game.
To play Orbitz 50 Faves, Facebook users simply "Like" Orbitz on Facebook, invite friends to play, and begin bidding. To start, each new player will receive five bids. Every bid placed represents one entry to win. Players can check out the trips, look at what friends that accepted their invitation to play have bid on, and then place bids on their favorite trips. Each day, players get an additional bid for every friend that accepts their invitation to play the game. The more friends that accept the players invitation, the more bids the player gets and the greater their chances of winning. To further encourage players to invite more friends to play, six trips have been 'locked' and can only be 'unlocked' if at least 10 of a player's Facebook friends are playing the game.
New to the game this year, each day one player will be randomly selected to win two airline tickets. But, players have to log in to win. Orbitz will announce a new winner daily on Orbitz 50 Faves.
"When we launched Orbitz 50 Faves last August it instantly became a fan favorite with players placing over 3.5 million bids by the end of the game. 90% of our fans surveyed said they would play this game again. We listened to our fans and Orbitz 50 Faves is back with another 50 once-in-a-lifetime vacations," said Chris Orton, president of Orbitz.com. "Players who work their social networks the best can end up with enough bids to place on all 50 trips, or increase their odds of winning a particular trip by placing more and more bids on it. And this year, players have even more incentive to play every day because one player will be selected daily to win two airline tickets."
Orbitz 50 Faves is the ultimate game of adventure. Players stand to win luxurious trips to destinations around the world. Some trips offer spending cash, plus activities and amenities such as relaxing spa treatments, show tickets and rounds of golf. Vacations range from lounging in Mauritius to trekking the jungles of Tokyo. Orbitz 50 Faves runs through March 25. Some of the 50 incredible trips include:
- Mauritius: You've been to one beach, and you've been to them all. Until you get to Mauritius, where the sky and the water are the perfect complements in lagoon blue, and swaying palms and coconut trees woo jetsetters and honeymooners alike. Prize includes: round-trip airfare for two, a 7-night stay at the LUX Grand Gaube, $1,920 in spending cash.
- Bermuda: Live large at Newstead Belmont Hills, a colonial retreat blessed with vistas of Bermuda's Hamilton Harbor. Put a perfect game on the 18-hole course or laze at the spa – both accessible to the blissful beach. Prize includes: round-trip airfare for two, a 7-night stay at the Newstead Belmont Hills Golf Resort & Spa, daily golf for two, massages for two and $2,106 in spending cash.
- Tokyo: Tokyo sends the senses into a tailspin with its trend-obsessed Harajuku girls, electric jungles Shinjuku and Shibuya and unparalleled nightlife. Prize includes: round-trip airfare for two on Asiana, $750 towards the hotel of your choice on Orbitz.com and $1,860 in spending cash.
- London: With a certain duchess shining brighter than the Crown Jewels and as host to the Olympics, London is certainly having its moment. Prize includes: round-trip airfare for two and a 5-night stay at The Savoy.
- Maui: Catch some waves, climb a volcano or snorkel with brilliant marine life, the choice is yours on this Hawaiian escape. Prize includes: round-trip airfare for two and a 6-night stay at the Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa.
- Las Vegas: Get the VIP treatment at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. From glittery views, the chance to win big and a pool for every mood, this trip has it all! Prize includes: round-trip airfare for two, a 4-night stay at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, $100 dining credit and $100 spa credit.
"How great of Orbitz to allow someone like me, from South Dakota – where the temperature is hovering about 6 degrees – to win the opportunity to visit the tropics," commented Janet Lyda on winning a trip to Punta Cana in last year's Orbitz 50 Faves Facebook game. "Because of the Orbitz 50 Faves game my boyfriend will have his first passport stamp. Thank you for helping expand his, and my travel dreams!"
To play Orbitz 50 Faves for a chance to make your travel dreams come true – like former Orbitz 50 Faves winner Janet Lyda – and for complete game rules, visit http://www.facebook.com/orbitz. Play now and start earning bids before the game ends on March 25. A random drawing will be held at the end of the game for each trip to determine the 50 lucky winners.
Terms & Conditions
(1) No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances to win. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) 18 years and older (or 21 for some prizes). Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes ends 3/25/12. For Official Rules, prize descriptions and odds disclosure, visit www.facebook.com/orbitz. Sponsor: Orbitz, LLC, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1000, Chicago, IL 60661.
Orbitz.com is a leading online travel company that enables travelers to search for and book an array of travel products and services, including flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises, and vacation packages. Since launching its website in June 2001, Orbitz.com has become one of the largest online travel sites in the world and has led the industry with innovations including the Orbitz Matrix Display and Orbitz Price Assurance. The Matrix Display revolutionized the way the travel industry displayed fares and makes it quick and easy for consumers to compare flights, rental cars and vacation packages. The Price Assurance program gives travelers confidence that they have the lowest Orbitz price on their flight or hotel. With Price Assurance, if another Orbitz customer books the same flight or prepaid hotel for less, we'll send you a check for the difference -- automatically. Orbitz.com also offers "Insider Steals" a weekly, members-only flash sale that provides exclusive deals of 50% or more off of handpicked hotels in top destinations around the world. On Orbitz.com consumers can search a broad range of suppliers worldwide. Orbitz.com is owned by Orbitz Worldwide. Stay connected to Orbitz.com with sale alerts, exclusive promotions and engaging conversations by following Orbitz on Facebook, Twitter and the Orbitz Travel Blog.
About Orbitz Worldwide
Orbitz Worldwide is a leading global online travel company that uses innovative technology to enable leisure and business travelers to research, plan and book a broad range of travel products. Orbitz Worldwide owns a portfolio of consumer brands that includes Orbitz, CheapTickets, ebookers, HotelClub, RatesToGo and the Away Network. Also within the Orbitz Worldwide family, Orbitz Worldwide Distribution delivers private label travel solutions to a broad range of partners including many of the world's largest airlines, and Orbitz for Business delivers managed corporate travel solutions for corporations. Orbitz Worldwide uses its Investor Relations website to make information available to its investors and the public at http://investors.orbitz.com. You can sign up to receive email alerts whenever the company posts new information to the website.