Hyundai And J. Pangilinan Link Up Again To Create Atlantis Blue JP Edition Genesis Coupe For SEMA Show
COSTA MESA, Calif., Oct. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hyundai and tuner John Pangilinan have again linked up, this time to develop a striking JP Edition Genesis Coupe in a custom-developed Atlantis Blue exterior color. Pangilinan is known in the tuner community for selecting retina-bending color themes for his Hyundai SEMA concepts, and this latest Genesis Coupe is sure to bolster his reputation even further. The eye-grabbing coupe concept will debut at the 2013 SEMA show in Las Vegas, November 5-8.
"John Pangilinan is really a creative genius in color development, especially in his ability to blend color with specific vehicle concepts like the JP Edition Genesis Coupe," said Scott Margason, director, product planning, Hyundai Motor America. "We're excited to see the final concept turning heads in our booth at the SEMA show."
POWERTRAIN AND CHASSIS
Within the engine bay, Pangilinan made the modifications many entry-level tuners choose for the most cost-effective power gains, such as an AEM cold air intake, ARK Performance exhaust, turbo downpipe, and friction-reducing Lucas Oil.
To achieve that perfect ride height and body-to-wheel balance, he installed KW Variant 3 coil-overs, Whiteline sway bars, and an ARK Performance strut bar. Perfectly filling the wheel wells are 19-inch MORR VS52 concave mono-forged wheels in mystic black, with Toyo Proxes T1R 275/30 ZR19 front and 315/25 ZR19 rear tires. Muteki SR35 lug nuts hold it all together. Bringing the JP Edition to a confident halt is a Brembo Gran Turismo brake kit with oversized 15-inch calipers.
Emphasizing the rear-drive Genesis Coupe proportions are staggered, ultra-wide custom metal fender flares from TS Designs, designed by Jon Sibal. Covering the freshly-shaped metal is brilliant BASF Atlantic Blue Metallic paint applied by Auto Explosion, with custom graphics created by S&A Design. For aero management, an APR carbon-fiber splitter and Seibon carbon-fiber side and rear lip kits have been fitted. Custom headlights with V-LEDS are from The Retrofit Source and Retrofit House.
INTERIOR DESIGN AND ENTERTAINMENT
Inside the JP Edition cabin, Pangilinan chose RECARO Cross Sportster seats with a custom Katzkin suede and smooth leather treatment. Holding the driver and passenger in place are Takata Drift III harnesses fixed to a custom harness bar complete with a mounted GoPro Hero 3 video camera. Pangilinan also makes entertainment electronics a top priority, as evident in his selection of the following components:
- Alpine Electronics System built by BP Auto Sound
- Alpine INE-W927HD head unit
- Alpine SPR-60C component 2-way speaker system
- Alpine SWR-T10 10" thin subwoofers (2)
- Alpine MRX-M55 mono power amp
- Alpine MRX-F35 4/3/2 channel power amp
- Scosche Electronics
- Accumat HyperFlex sound deadening
- EFX Elite Series braided multi-core interconnects
- EFX speaker wire
- EFX amp power kit
- EFX ground distribution block
- Kinetik power supply and battery
- V-LEDS lighting
JP EDITION GENESIS COUPE AFTERMARKET SPONSORS
- Lucas Oil – www.lucasoil.com
- Brembo Brakes – www.brembo.com
- RECARO – www.recaro-automotive.com/us
- Alpine Electronics – www.alpine-usa.com
- Toyo Tires – www.toyotires.com
- BASF – www.basf.com
- Auto Explosion – www.autoexplosion.net
- KW – www.kwautomotive.com
- MORR – www.morrwheels.com
- ARK Performance – www.arkperformance.com
- Takata – www.takataracingproducts.com
- V-LEDs – www.v-leds.com
- The Retrofit Source – www.theretrofitsource.com
- Whiteline – www.whiteline.com.au
- Scosche Electronics – www.scosche.com
- Seibon – www.seiboncarbon.com
- APR Performance – www.aprperformance.com
- AEM – www.aempower.com
- TS Designs – www.tsdidit.com
- BP Auto Sound – www.bpautosound.com
- Alpinestars – www.alpinestars.com
- Mophie – www.mophie.com
- Electric – www.electricvisual.com
- GoPro – www.gopro.com
- Illest – www.illestbrand.com
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA
Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Costa Mesa, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through more than 820 dealerships nationwide. All Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S. are covered by the Hyundai Assurance program, which includes the 5-year/60,000-mile fully transferable new vehicle limited warranty, Hyundai's 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty, and five years of complimentary Roadside Assistance. Hyundai Assurance includes Assurance Connected Care that provides owners of Hyundai models equipped with the Hyundai Blue Link telematics system with proactive safety and car care services, complimentary for three years. These services include Automatic Collision Notification, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, Vehicle Diagnostic Alert, Monthly Vehicle Health Report and in-vehicle service scheduling.
For more details on Hyundai Assurance, please visit www.HyundaiAssurance.com
SOURCE Hyundai Motor America
More by this Source
Hyundai Brings Apple CarPlay Into The New 2015 Sonata
Apr 16, 2014, 10:15 ET
Hyundai Equus Named To Ward's 10 Best Interiors List
Apr 10, 2014, 12:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.