Hyundai Launches Equus Owner's Manual Applications on the App Store
Equus applications, available to both new and prospective owners, enhance the traditional owner's manual including interactive demos, live service scheduling and dealer locator
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Dec. 13, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Hyundai is redefining the luxury vehicle ownership experience with the launch of the Equus Owner's Manual App for iPad®, iPhone and iPod touch. This is a clean-sheet approach to the luxury sedan's key features that also includes live service scheduling, video tutorials and location-based dealer locator. The app is available now on the App Store for owners and non-owners, and is available to download for iPads that Hyundai is providing to all new Equus owners.
INTERACTIVE OWNER'S MANUAL
Today's luxury vehicles employ complex technologies and as a consequence their owner's manuals have gotten thicker – much thicker. For example, the Lexus LS owner's manual runs 1,091 pages in length, just shy of the 1,225 pages in Tolstoy's "War and Peace."
"We like to keep things simple at Hyundai, and the high-resolution displays and innovative multi-touch interfaces of iPad, iPhone and iPod touch provide superb platforms for our owners to easily navigate the key features of Equus," says John Krafcik, president and CEO, Hyundai Motor America. "The Equus App is the ultimate owner's manual. Interactive text mingles with detailed photos and videos to provide rich and immersive explanations of Equus technology, in a very intuitive way."
While the app was created for Equus owners, it can also be downloaded by interested consumers who want to learn more about Equus.
The Equus App includes:
- Interactive Quick Reference Guide: Includes vehicle overview and direct access to specific feature interests
- Vehicle location-based dealer locator; finds the nearest authorized Equus dealer based on current location
- Service Scheduler; enables the Equus owner to select an appointment time at their home or place of business using the convenience of the Service Valet
- Equus photo/video gallery provides beautiful footage and photography in various scenarios and locations
- 360-degree exterior and interior imagery of the Equus, customer-controlled view selection with clickable feature hot-spot links
- Links to Hyundai model pages on Hyundai.com for owners who may want to view other vehicles
Customers who visit the app site can download Equus feature call-outs and interactive demonstrations including:
- Lane Departure Warning System
- Auto-leveling, auto-cornering HID Xenon headlamps
- Rear first-class heated and cooled massaging seat
- 19-inch, staggered-fitment chrome alloy wheels
- Premium DIS navigation system
- Lexicon 608-watt, 17 speaker, 7.1 discrete surround-sound system
- Electronic air suspension with continuous damping control
- Vehicle Stability Management system
- ZF® 6-speed automatic transmission
- Nine airbags, including driver's knee airbag
- Rear-wheel drive powertrain configuration
- Equus dynamic running footage
EQUUS AT YOUR SERVICE
Beyond the immersive owner's manual, the Equus App delivers Equus At Your Service, an industry-first on-line vehicle service scheduling capability with valet service for Equus owners.
"Equus At Your Service includes live service scheduling functionality from iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, allowing Equus owners to schedule service appointments directly with the dealership," says Krafcik. "But here's the best part: we'll pick up the Equus at the customer's home or place of business and leave behind a complimentary Equus or Genesis loan vehicle for them to drive while we perform the work. And when we're done, we'll deliver the freshly-serviced Equus back to them. With Equus, it's not about putting the owner at the front of the service line – it's about eliminating the line entirely, by demonstrating extraordinary respect for their time as part of the ownership experience."
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA
Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Fountain Valley, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through about 800 dealerships nationwide. All Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S. are covered by the Hyundai Assurance program, which includes the 5-year/60,000-mile fully transferable new vehicle warranty, Hyundai's 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty and 5-years of complimentary Roadside Assistance.
SOURCE Hyundai Motor America
More by this Source
Hyundai Motor America Reports February Sales
Mar 03, 2014, 12:40 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.