iaedp Reaches Milestone With New Sponsor and Record Submissions for "Imagine Me Beyond What You See" Art Competition
Veritas Collaborative Named First Lead Sponsor for Body Image Mannequin Competition
PEKIN, Ill., Jan. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals (iaedp), along with its new lead sponsor, Veritas Collaborative, is proud to reveal the riveting submissions for this year's "Imagine Me Beyond What You See" Body Image Mannequin Art Competition. In its third year, this unique competition is an awareness-through-art campaign, held in conjunction with iaedp's Annual Symposium, this year held in Las Vegas.
Veritas Collaborative, a specialty behavioral health hospital for young people and center of excellence for the treatment of eating disorders, marks the first ever lead sponsor for iaedp.
"Veritas Collaborative joins with those interested in remembering bodies & lives that have been dis-membered, both by eating disorder illnesses and societies blithe to their tyranny," said Chase Bannister , Vice President and Chief Clinical Officer at Veritas Collaborative. "In the vulnerability living in the art displayed here, may we all find ourselves re-imagined & re-created through hope."
This year, iaedp received a record thirteen submissions. There were nine from treatment centers and private practices, four individual entries, and two international. Entries included:
- Empty by Madeleine Bowman with Shannon Bradley
- True Beauty Has No Label by Ministry of Child and Youth, Eating Disorders Program/British Columbia
- Graffiti Sam by Carolina House Raleigh
- Blossoming Into Beauty by Cambridge Eating Disorders Center (CEDC)
- Living Idealism by Eating Recovery Center Partial Hospital
- Can You See Me Now? by Jen Foote /Canada
- Blackbird by Kathleen D'Orazio
- Until Death Do We Part by Project Bliss
- Uli by RainRock Residential ED Treatment
- A Fractured State of Being by Rebecca Tishman
- Transcendence by Reflections ED Treatment Program, Dominion Hospital
- Transfiguration by UF & Shands Eating Disorders Recovery Center
- Lily Rose by Rogers Memorial Eating Disorders Center
Winning mannequin entries will be revealed and spotlighted at the 2013 Annual Symposium in Las Vegas, where they will be auctioned off with proceeds going toward the iaedp Foundation.
Contact: Susie Lomelino
More by this Source
What's Eating College Students?
Mar 01, 2013, 11:31 ET
For the First Time Ever: Precertification Courses Offered at 2013 iaedp Symposium
Feb 12, 2013, 11:24 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.