WASHINGTON, Aug. 17, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- ICMA-RC recently enhanced its mobile app, making it easier for public sector plan participants to conduct transactions and access financial education and tools from their mobile devices.
Using the ICMA-RC mobile app, a participant can:
- enroll in their retirement plan directly from a mobile device (if the plan offers online enrollment);
- view their account balance, year-to-date account activity, retirement income projection and personalized fund performance;
- update personal information such as email address and mobile phone number, based on plan guidelines;
- use a rebalance option, which allows participants to transfer 100 percent of their account balance to one or more of the funds available in their plan; and
- enjoy easier navigation as well as market commentary, educational videos, and a retirement savings calculator.
"ICMA-RC is pleased to lead the way in offering public sector employees the ability to seamlessly conduct their retirement transactions from a mobile device," said Bob Schultze, ICMA-RC President and CEO. "Mobile technology is convenient and particularly well-suited to public sector employees who are on the move serving our communities. Now they can check their accounts anytime, anywhere."
To learn more about ICMA-RC's mobile app, watch a video at www.icmarc.org/mobile-app.html.
Founded in 1972, ICMA-RC is a non-profit independent financial services corporation based in Washington, D.C. focused on providing retirement plans and related services for more than one million public sector participant accounts and more than 9,000 retirement plans. Our mission is to help build retirement security for public sector employees. We deliver on our mission by focusing on service, quality and value. All of our retirement programs, administrative services and educational tools have been developed specifically for public sector retirement plan administrators and participants. For more information, visit www.icmarc.org. AC 0815-7878