iContact Releases 2010 Corporate Responsibility Report
Details email and social marketing leader's social, environmental and economic performance, and successes
RALEIGH, N.C., July 25, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- iContact Corp., a leading email marketing and social media marketing company, announced today that it has launched its first Corporate Responsibility Report, highlighting the company's commitments and actions with respect to social, environmental and economic value creation with all of its stakeholders.
"Becoming a socially responsible organization is a journey," said Matt Kopac , corporate responsibility manager, iContact. "It wasn't until we put together the Corporate Responsibility Report that we realized just how far we've come."
Since 2007, iContact has built itself around a culture centered on creating a tangible, direct connection between the work of its employees and a broader sense of purpose in the world. Launching its Corporate Social Responsibility program, the company initially gave one percent of its payroll equivalent to 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations locally and globally. Since then, its programs have expanded exponentially.
"As an email marketing and social media marketing company, we are proud of how our products and services help companies and causes succeed," said Ryan Allis , CEO, iContact. "But at iContact, the way we do business is just as important. The fact that our employees feel empowered to impact the world while creating value for our shareholders speaks volumes, and we look forward to elevating our mission every year."
The 2010 Report offers increased transparency around the company's progress against its corporate responsibility goals, as well as access to more specific data and metrics. It also examines iContact's awards, certifications and memberships, practices and policies around corporate governance and ethics, as well as its philanthropy and community outreach strategy. You can access the Report at: http://www.icontact.com/static/pdf/2010_iContactCRR.pdf.
iContact has taken great strides toward fulfilling its mission of doing well while doing good. The Report includes a look into such achievements as:
- Incorporated social and environmental measurement and impact into company values and purpose.
- Attained B Corporation certification and joined Green America.
- Hired a corporate responsibility manager.
- Launched employee Changemakers groups and Culture Committee.
- Installed Volunteerforce for Salesforce to facilitate and track volunteering and PULSE for Salesforce to track social and environmental impact.
- Launched the 4-1s giving program - (1% product, 1% payroll, 1% time, 1% equity).
- Offset 51% of its Scope 1, 2, and 3 CO2 emissions.
- Established financial incentives for employees who carpool.
- Wrote a supplier policy that gives preference to local, sustainable and certified vendors.
In addition to environmental, social and governance issues, the Report also discusses employee and customer satisfaction, energy consumption and energy savings, human rights, diversity and inclusion, and talent retention. Highlights include:
- As one of only 427B Corporations in the U.S., iContact uses the 4-1s Corporate Social Responsibility Model, donating 1% of employee time to community volunteering, 1% of payroll, 1% of equity and 1% of product to its local and global community as part of its social mission.
- iContact established B Corporation Score as a Key Performance Indicator for its Senior Leadership Team.
- The company decreased employee energy consumption by 11% and per square foot consumption by 2% over 2009.
- iContact experienced 35% top line growth in 2010 with year-end revenues of $38.6 million. This revenue growth was driven in part by an increase in the number of customers it serves and by attracting more medium-size businesses.
- At the end of 2010, iContact was serving 237 non-profits -- providing roughly $14,000 worth of in-kind product per month -- and that number is growing daily.
- iContact earned several awards in 2010:
The Next Step: Corporate Responsibility in Fiscal Year 2011 and Beyond
In addition to launching the 2010 Corporate Responsibility Report, iContact is expanding its ambitions for Fiscal Year 2011 and beyond. A few of those goals include:
For its employees:
- Reduce employee turnover to less than 15%.
- Increase employee and management diversity.
- Expand opportunities for employee development, including a new education reimbursement program.
For the community:
- Volunteer 3,600 hours and have 90% of the employees do a minimum of four hours of paid time off volunteering.
- Give away an additional 200 free 4-1s CSR accounts.
- Continue to train at least 25% of the total number of 4-1s non-profits through quarterly workshops.
For the environment:
- Flatline energy use in 2011 at 2010 levels.
- Achieve carbon neutrality for U.S. operations.
- Reduce landfill waste and move toward 100% environmentally sustainable materials for operations.
For the economy:
- Grow revenues and the team.
- Encourage more responsible supply chains by increasing local and independent suppliers to 30% of our significant suppliers.
iContact is a purpose-driven company based in Raleigh, NC, working to make email marketing and social marketing easy so that small and midsized companies and causes can grow and succeed. Founded in 2003, iContact has more than 300 employees and more than 700,000 users of its leading email marketing software. iContact also provides the event marketing platform Ettend. As a B Corporation, iContact utilizes the 4-1s Corporate Social Responsibility Model, donating 1% of employee time to community volunteering, 1% of payroll, 1% of equity, and 1% of product to its local and global community as part of its social mission. iContact works hard to maintain a fun, creative, energetic, challenging, and community-oriented company culture. Visit us on online at iContact.com, on Twitter @iContact, at iContact LinkedIn Group and on our Facebook Fan page.
For media inquiries, contact Davida Dinerman or Michael McDonough , Schwartz Communications, at 781-684-0770, or email@example.com.
SOURCE iContact Corp.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.