REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Jan. 5, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Icontrol Networks, the company behind the most widely-distributed interactive security and home automation platform in the industry, announced that Honeywell, LG Electronics, SkyBell, Vinli, Bttn, and Earth Networks' WeatherBug have joined the Icontrol Developer Program. This global program enables compatibility between any cloud-based, ZigBee, Wi-Fi or Z-Wave device and Icontrol-powered solutions, which represent the largest connected home customer base in North America.
The Icontrol Developer Program was launched five years ago and currently has more than 50 participating companies and 100 certified devices. Icontrol recently announced the ability to integrate any cloud-based device into its program, greatly increasing the range of solutions Icontrol-based service providers can offer customers. The new program members join Accuweather, Nest and Rachio in integrating their cloud-based devices and services.
New smart home devices utilizing the Developer Program's cloud integration features include:
- bttn Wi-Fi Smart Button
- WeatherBug Weather Forecasts and Energy Info
- Honeywell Wi-Fi Thermostats (six models)
- LG Electronics Smart Fridge, Washer, Dryer, and Stove
- SkyBell HD Wi-Fi Doorbell Camera
- Vinli Connected Car Device and Platform
Quotes on the news:
- "We expanded the Icontrol Developer Program to incorporate cloud-based devices because we knew it would allow us to bring the newest, most innovative products into our ecosystem," said Bob Hagerty, CEO of Icontrol. "In turn, our service provider and security customers gain a competitive edge via compatibility with a larger selection of popular smart home devices."
- "Time Warner Cable IntelligentHome provides our customers with an unparalleled smart home experience," said Adam Mayer, VP/General Manager of IntelligentHome. "The inclusion of cloud-based devices and applications in the Icontrol Developer Program has already expanded the range of IntelligentHome-compatible products and services that support our shared vision for today's smart home and the Internet of Things. We look forward to continue working with Icontrol to deploy a compelling mix of products for our customers."
- "Joining the Icontrol Developer Program allows us to reach a large base of connected home users that prefer a professionally-installed solution," said Jeremy Eaton, President of Honeywell Connected Home. "We're seeing these service providers and security companies propel adoption of smart home, so this is a huge expansion opportunity for us."
- "Consumers don't want to worry about their new smart device being compatible with their current devices. They want a seamless experience that enables integration between a variety of devices," said Eugene Yoo, Head of Open Platform Partnerships at LG Electronics. "That is why we joined the Icontrol Developer Program, to help provide a simple experience that can be tailored to each customers' needs."
Companies interested in the Icontrol Developer Program should visit www.icontrol.com/developers.
About Icontrol Networks
Icontrol Networks' vision is to provide a connected home solution for every household, so people worldwide spend less time managing their lives and more time living them. Icontrol is making the connected home a reality through its software platforms which are deployed by service providers and home security companies of all sizes, and the all-in-one Piper smart home security system for consumers. Icontrol is further pioneering the next generation of connected living through its Icontrol Developer Program, the first community for application and device makers to partner on a common platform. Venture investors in Icontrol include Charles River Ventures, the Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers iFund, and Intel Capital, with strategic investments from a variety of service providers including ADT, Comcast Ventures, Comporium and Rogers Communications. For more information about Icontrol Networks, Icontrol One (for independent service providers) and Piper visit icontrol.com, icontrolone.com and getpiper.com. For the most recent Icontrol research on the smart home industry, visit www.stateofthesmarthome.com.
Finn Partners for Icontrol Networks
SOURCE Icontrol Networks