iControl Networks Powers Time Warner Cable's IntelligentHome
Home Management System Offers Ultimate Connectivity for Home Security and Comfort Control
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Jan. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- iControl Networks, a leader in broadband home management, today announced that its OpenHome™ software platform is powering the Time Warner Cable IntelligentHome solution. IntelligentHome is Time Warner Cable's new home management system that provides next-generation home security, comfort, control, automation and energy management.
With IntelligentHome, customers can:
Easily manage security and comfort from an in-home touch screen, secure website or free mobile app
- Customize their systems by creating personalized settings that can generate email and text alerts when requested
- Know their homes are protected 24/7 with cellular and battery back‑up and TWC's owned and operated 5-Diamond rated Emergency Response Center
- Keep in touch with their homes using in-home cameras that let them see what's happening when they are away
- Instantly access everyday apps like weather, news and photos using their touchscreen
- Go green with energy-saving thermostat and lighting controls
And with wireless security and lifestyle peripherals – including door/window sensors, motion detectors, smoke detectors, cameras, thermostats and more – installation is quick and easy.
Executives from both companies are excited about IntelligentHome and what it offers to consumers.
- "IntelligentHome is the latest innovation from Time Warner Cable that brings ultimate control to our customers who want to stay connected to their homes 24/7," said Keith Burkley, Senior Vice President, Home Management. "IntelligentHome is a powerful smart home management product that's a natural extension of our existing suite of services. Our customers are excited to see just how easy it is to manage their homes from anywhere at anytime."
- "We are excited to partner with Time Warner Cable to meet the growing demand from consumers to stay connected to their homes," said Bob Hagerty, CEO of iControl. "IntelligentHome customers will quickly realize how simple it is to manage their homes, save money on their utility bills and have the peace-of-mind that comes along with a home management service like this."
About iControl Networks
iControl Networks is a venture-backed software and services company providing interactive solutions that define the broadband home management market. The iControl OpenHome™ Software Platform, an award-winning software solution that has made the Connected Home a reality, enables home security companies, broadband service providers and utilities to offer the next generation of home management, security and connectivity to their customers. Investors in iControl include ADT, Charles River Ventures, Cisco, Comcast Ventures, Intel Capital, the Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers iFund and Rogers Communications. For more information, please visit www.icontrol.com.
About Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE: TWC) is among the largest providers of video, high-speed data and phone services in the United States, connecting more than 14 million customers to entertainment, information and each other. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers data, video and phone services to businesses of all sizes, cell tower backhaul services to wireless carriers, and through its NaviSite subsidiary, enterprise-class hosting, managed application, messaging and cloud services. Time Warner Cable Media, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com, www.twcbc.com, www.navisite.com, and www.twcmedia.com.
SOURCE iControl Networks
More by this Source
Connected Home Developers Garage Debuts at SXSW 2014
Feb 27, 2014, 13:00 ET
iControl Networks Expands Connected Home Patent Portfolio and Program
Dec 04, 2013, 08:08 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.