LONDON, Feb. 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
Government spending, especially on government entities, is affected by a wide range of external factors, such as earthquakes and floods. However, there are other important determinants that affect overall government spending, which are limited to specific categories including government policies, politics, and demographics
- Government spending in particular is affected by many factors including tax policies, monetary policies, and trade policies, which play a vital role during government budgeting and resource allocation. However, a careful evaluation of these factors will help government institutions make decisions pertaining to ICT expenditure.
- The survey indicates that the majority of government institutions are willing to increase their ICT budget slightly or significantly.
-According to the survey, government institutions are investing in enterprise applications and content management to support a seamless flow of information across different departments and to manage content integration, data automation, process management, and accessibility on-the-go.
This report presents the findings from a survey of 109 government institutions regarding their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how government institutions currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting. The report illustrates the core technologies that institutions are investing in, including enterprise application, content management, IoT, and cloud computing. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by government institutions. Through Kable's survey, the report aims to provide a better insight to ICT vendors and service providers when pitching their solutions to government institutions. The report focuses on government institutions' ICT expenditure trends for specific business areas and technologies, identifying the top three IT projects, and understanding the business challenges faced by organizations.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2016 in terms of their overall size
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
- Which ICT functions government institutions are interested in outsourcing
- Government institutions' investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as IoT, cloud computing, business intelligence, and security products
- Factors that are influencing government institutions' investments in each technology category
- How government institutions' IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category
- Government institutions' distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories
- Insight into government institutions' preferred buying approaches
- Business and IT objectives that government institutions are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies
- Factors that are influencing government institutions' decisions to select an ICT provider
Reasons To Buy
- Understand how government institutions' ICT landscape is set to change in 2016 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by government institutions in specific geographies and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of government institutions
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (enterprise application, content management, IoT, and cloud computing)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing government institutions' decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers' priorities and identify the business and IT objectives that government institutions are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4486425/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ict-investment-trends-in-government-300402760.html