IDC MarketScape names Lexmark an industry leader in MPS
LEXINGTON, Ky., July 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) has been recognized as a Leader in managed print services (MPS) again by leading IT market research and advisory firm IDC's 2013 MPDS MarketScape report1, which analyzes the strategies and current capabilities of companies providing managed print and document services (MPDS).
- As defined by IDC, Leaders are companies that have led and continue to lead the market in both breadth of offering and strategic intent.
- In addition, the report notes that "customers routinely rated Lexmark as excellent in customer service and support1."
- Lexmark's industry-specific MPS offerings are custom tailored to provide value to global organizations across a broad range of industries, including: manufacturing, banking, insurance, retail, public sector, healthcare and education, among others.
"Lexmark's offering is among the most comprehensive of the vendors we evaluated," said Holly Muscolino, research director, IDC BuyerPulse Analysis: Managed Print and Document Services program. "Lexmark's high MPDS retention rate, glowing customer reviews and the continued growth of its program reflect its strong technology portfolio, robust methodology and execution excellence."
"A keen focus on helping our customers solve their unstructured content, output and process challenges, coupled with deep industry-specific knowledge and global operational capabilities, is what sets Lexmark apart," said Marty Canning, Lexmark executive vice president and president of Imaging Solutions and Services. "We believe IDC's recognition confirms Lexmark's MPS leadership, global solutions capabilities and proven track record of providing MPS to the largest companies around the world."
- 2013 IDC MPDS MarketScape excerpt
- Lexmark named an MPS Leader in 2011 IDC MarketScape study
- Lexmark MPS Brochure
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of IT, telecommunications, or industry-specific suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT, telecommunications, or industry-specific vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a transparent foundation to allow companies to independently compare the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
Lexmark is uniquely focused on connecting unstructured printed and digital information across enterprises with the processes, applications and people that need it most. For more information, please visit www.lexmark.com.
Lexmark and Lexmark with diamond design are trademarks of Lexmark International, Inc., registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
 IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Managed Print and Document Services 2013 Hardcopy Vendor Analysis, doc # 242217, July 2013.
SOURCE Lexmark International, Inc.
More by this Source
Lexmark Quarterly Business Roundup
Dec 03, 2013, 09:00 ET
Lexmark to participate in the Credit Suisse 2013 Annual Technology Conference
Nov 20, 2013, 09:00 ET
Gartner again positions Lexmark in the Leaders quadrant of 2013 MPS Magic Quadrant
Oct 29, 2013, 10:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.