IDG World Expo Wraps Up Dynamic, Highly Successful New Macworld | iWorld
Ultimate iFan Event Draws Hundreds of Exhibitors and Tens of Thousands of Attendees for Education and Celebration of Apple-related Technologies, Music, Film and Art
FRAMINGHAM, Mass. and SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The groundbreaking new Macworld | iWorld, the Ultimate iFan Event, wrapped up on Saturday at the Moscone Center's West Hall in San Francisco, IDG World Expo announced today. For three activity-packed days, an estimated 25,000 people -- 40 percent of whom were first-time attendees -- experienced a show floor boasting more than 300 exhibitors and sponsors who launched in excess of 100 new products and took part in more than 75 engaging and informative Tech Talks featuring industry experts and luminaries. The new iFan Pass -- which offered attendees full access to educational sessions, the show floor, and live music performances and film screenings highlighting the creativity born from Apple products, all in one high-value ticket -- helped grow conference attendance by 145 percent. Saturday attendance showed particularly strong growth as crowds of consumers lined the Moscone Center waiting to get into the event.
Building on more than a quarter of a century of event success, the inaugural Macworld | iWorld -- which reflected the full breadth and depth of how Apple technologies are used in the arts, in the office, in the classroom and at home -- delivered a unique combination of products, education, and day and evening cultural and experiential programs that redefined what a consumer technology event can be. IDG World Expo also announced that Macworld | iWorld 2013 will be held at the Moscone Center's West Hall from January 31 - February 2, 2013.
Check out photos from Macworld | iWorld at http://www.macworldiworld.com/macworld-iworld-photo-gallery/ and a video with just a few of the highlights at http://www.macworldiworld.com/friday-at-macworld-iworld/.
"Macworld | iWorld is our once-a-year opportunity to make an impact with Mac and mainstream media and tens of thousands of customers who come to the event looking specifically for the latest innovations and solutions in the Apple-products marketplace," said John Chaffee, co-founder, BusyMac. "The three days of face-to-face engagement is invaluable. There is no question that Macworld | iWorld gives us a lot of bang for our buck."
"We feel privileged to have been part of Macworld | iWorld and to showcase top entertainment-driven creators and the innovative Apple technologies that drive their artistic process," said Richard Goodstone, partner, Superfly Presents. "Our sessions put the spotlight, specifically, on the incredible ways that Apple products have empowered users to take their music and film endeavors to new heights and attain unprecedented commercial success. At Superfly Presents, we are committed to building communities around their passions and nowhere was the energy, enthusiasm and passion of the Apple community more evident than at Macworld | iWorld."
"The iPhone Film Festival was started to showcase the incredible talents of a new generation of filmmakers breaking new ground in the film industry," said Ruben Kazantsev, co-founder along with Renata Rinyu of the iPhone Film Festival. "With thousands of passionate iPhone users all gathered in one place, Macworld | iWorld was the perfect venue for our filmmakers to show off their talents while gaining maximum exposure for the incredible work they do with just their iPhones and a lot of creativity."
Highlights of Macworld | iWorld included:
- Music Experience: Making its debut this year, the Music Experience celebrated the impact of Apple technology on music performance and production. The special series of day and evening events featured presentations and performances from some of today's most creative musical innovators, including: Atomic Tom; Beats Antique; Eclectic Method; J Boogie's Dubtronic Science; David Mash; Hank Shocklee; moe.; the RISE Electronic Music DJ Battle & Bash, headlined by BT and won this year by rising star Dustin Delany (AKA Nisus); a Silent 'Frisco dance party featuring Motion Potion, A.Skillz, and U9lift; the Macworld | iWorld Music Studio, presented in collaboration with Berklee College of Music; and a broad program of music-related Tech Talks.
- Film Event: Another show first, the Film Event celebrated the broad and varied ways that Apple technologies are redefining film and television. Highlights included: the iPhone Film Festival (IFF) featuring screenings of never-before-seen films created entirely on iPhones and special talks with the filmmakers; an exclusive screening of the full-length, unaired South Park Pilot episode followed by a Q&A with South Park Studios show staff; The Making of South Park -- Inside South Park's Animation Studio, a special session that took attendees behind the scenes of South Park Studios; an exclusive premier of "Olive," the very first full-length feature film shot entirely on a cell phone; and a host of film and television-related Tech Talks, including "'Beckinfield' – Mass Participation TV with a Special Performance by Jonathan Frakes."
- Visual Art and Literature Events: Special programs celebrated the impact of Apple technology on literature and the visual arts, including: a feature presentation and on-site exhibit digital art pioneer Bert Monroy; a conversation with author Susan Orlean; and a wide variety of art-focused Tech Talks.
- Macworld | iWorld Midway: The second floor of the Moscone Center was transformed into an exciting collection of attractions where attendees could experience iOS and OS X products and technologies across the arts and education in unique and engaging ways. Highlights included: The Digital Art Gallery, featuring work by artists such as Jenny Oakley, Eric Engstrom, Malik Seneferu and Nini Teves Lapuz; iPad Sketch Stations; South Park Art Gallery; Super Art Fight; Co-working Zones; and the Macworld | iWorld Closing Ceremony: A Tribal Gathering, a filled-to-capacity drum circle led by Drum Circle Master Arthur Hull where hundreds of attendees came together to celebrate the community.
- Tech Talks (formerly known as the Users Conference): More than 75 Tech Talks -- including educational sessions, interactive panel discussions, practical "how-to" presentations and "tips and tricks" learning opportunities -- were taught by the industry's leading topic experts, innovative thinkers and creative geniuses. The sessions featured unparalleled educational and experiential content that took attendees of all skill levels inside Apple products, including the iPhone, iPad, Mac, iOS and OS X Lion. Covered topics were as varied as the impact of Apple technology in the development of the modern-day artistic process, use of Apple-related products in education, iCloud, tips for navigating the vast world of social media and photography apps, Siri and ways to leverage new mobile technologies to expand your business.
The Tech Talks program also included Macworld | iWorld RapidFire, a brand new two-hour event featuring consecutive five-minute presentations designed to inform and entertain attendees that was standing room only.
- The Macworld | iWorld First Looks program highlighted more than 100 new-to-market innovations -- from software and hardware to peripherals, accessories and apps for the Apple products platform -- making their debut at the show, helping attendees and the media learn more about them.
- Exhibit Hall: The vibrant Macworld | iWorld show floor featured more than 300 companies offering the latest in Apple third-party technologies. The Mobile Apps Showcase and new, sold-out OS X Zone were some of the most highly trafficked areas of the show floor.
- Workshops: Macworld | iWorld's Workshops offered attendees a full-day of immersive learning on some of today's hottest Apple technology applications and software, including Keynote, OS X Lion, iLife and Adobe.
- Macworld Live! featured special live coverage, interviews, demos and commentary from the main stage of the world's biggest Apple-related extravaganza. Macworld editors anchored shows coverage throughout the event and welcomed guests, luminaries and others to entertain, inspire and inform. Featured guests included: Kyle Wiens and Luke Soules of iFixit, Philip Michaels, Andy Ihnatko and John Gruber.
- Macworld announced its MACWORLD | IWORLD 2012 "BEST OF SHOW" WINNERS, a program that recognizes the best products making their debut at the show. This year's winners were: Adonit's Jot Touch, Blue Microphones' Spark Digital, Boinx Software iStopMotion for iPad, Dev-Audio's Microcone, FileThis Fetch, Global Delight Game Your Video, i4software Video Camera, Lantronix's xPrintServer, RyzMedia's blinQ, Smile PDFpen for iPad and TourWrist.
Keep up-to-date on Macworld | iWorld happenings, news and chatter on Twitter at http://twitter.com/MacworldExpo and Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/MACWORLD/58481436623.
About Macworld | iWorld
Macworld | iWorld is the world's ultimate fan event for those who use, create, and love Apple products. Attendees will encounter a unique celebration of Apple technology-infused art, music, and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in our expo hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. From home users, to artistic hobbyists and professionals, and the true Technorati -- Macworld | iWorld gives attendees the chance to experience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. Macworld | iWorld will take place January 26 – January 28, 2012 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld | iWorld, the MacIT® Conference, the Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), Anime Expo®, Halo® Fest, Enterprise MobileNext (mNext) and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
SOURCE IDG World Expo
More by this Source
Jump-Starting the Next Generation of Entrepreneurs and Technologists: Macworld/iWorld Celebrates Millennial-Driven Innovation with Training for and Presentations by Student Innovators
Feb 25, 2014, 08:02 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.