IDG World Expo Wraps Up Highly Successful Macworld/iWorld 2013, Looks Ahead to 2014 The Ultimate iFan Event Showcased Cutting-Edge Innovation and Celebrated the Amazing Things that Happen when Apple Technology Meets Unmatched Creativity
FRAMINGHAM, Mass. and SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Macworld/iWorld 2013 (Twitter: @MacworldExpo; Event hashtag: #iFan13), the Ultimate iFan Event, wrapped up on Saturday at the Moscone Center, West Hall in San Francisco, IDG World Expo announced today. For three activity-packed days, an estimated 25,000 people experienced an Expo Hall showcasing almost 300 exhibitors and sponsors who launched hundreds of new apps, products, technologies and tools for all Apple-related platforms and took part in more than 60 engaging and informative Tech Talks and special events featuring industry experts, luminaries and Hollywood star power, such as Ashton Kutcher, Josh Gad, Fred Armisen and will.i.am. Macworld/iWorld 2014 will take place February 1 – February 3, 2014 in San Francisco.
The success of the 2013 event once again demonstrates that Macworld/iWorld is the premier event for showcasing the intersection of Apple and Apple-related technology, business, culture, education and art. Overflowing session crowds and dynamic, interactive experiences created an environment bursting with creativity, innovation and excitement. Brisk consumer shopping from the large, daily crowds in the Expo Hall drove a highly successful rebook for the 2014 show. And the bustling Appalooza section of the show floor was packed with consumers exploring the latest and best new apps for iOS devices, offering dozens of new companies an incomparable platform for bringing products to market.
"We have been to a lot of events, but this is our first Macworld/iWorld and it was, by far, the best we've attended in terms of the platform it provided us to demonstrate our CrazyTalk 7 app and reach our target audiences," said John Martin, vice president, Marketing at Reallusion, Macworld "Best of Show" winner. "The combination of 'First Looks' and dedicated 'Appalooza' area of the show floor gave us unparalleled exposure to a wide variety of attendees, including consumers, students, industry experts and press, as well as business development opportunities and the chance to connect with fellow developers. We loved our Macworld/iWorld experience and look forward to next year."
Macworld/iWorld 2013 event highlights included something for every iFan:
- "Playing Steve & Woz in JOBS: A Conversation with Ashton Kutcher and Josh Gad." The actors shared their experiences playing the technology industry's two most celebrated and influential personalities, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak, in the upcoming feature film, JOBS.
- "Futurehunting," a session with will.i.am and Intel futurist Brian David Johnson, who shared their views on the future of technology, creativity and the gadgets they love.
- Q&A with Fred Armisen.
- The iPhone Film Festival, which featured movies made entirely on iPhones, including the premier of "Departure" and Q&A with the creative minds behind the film, including directors, producers and Hank Shocklee who scored the film.
- iNDIE iNNOVATION, during which indie bands Mister Loveless and Exist Elsewhere performed and demonstrated how they innovate with Apple technology.
- Special session with the staff of "OUT THERE," IFC's newest animated comedy.
- Expo Hall featuring nearly 300 exhibitors and developers—more than 40 percent for the first time—showcasing the latest hardware, software, accessories and apps for the Mac, iPhone, iPod and iPad. The show floor also included Appalooza, one of the most popular areas of the show floor, where developers will showcase hundreds of the latest iOS and OS X apps creations.
- More than 60 new Tech Talks, interactive panel discussions, practical "how-to" presentations and "tips and tricks" learning opportunities.
- Full-day, deep-dive workshops.
- iPhoneography: The Mobile Masters Sessions, a day-long special event celebrating all aspects of the rapidly growing mobile photography art form, which featured the largest assemblage of iPhoneography talent and inspiration to date.
- LIVE Zone! that featured Music Studio, Digital Art Gallery, Macworld LIVE stage, iPad Sketch Station, the Apple Consultants Network Help Desk, iPhoneography Lounge and the Adobe Photo Studio.
For current updates, news and to be part of the conversation, join Macworld/iWorld on:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/MacworldExpo
- Event hashtag: #iFan13
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MacworldiWorld
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Macworld-Conference-Expo-1636267?home=&gid=1636267&trk=anet_ug_hm.
Macworld/iWorld is the world's Ultimate iFan Event for those who use, create and love Apple products. Attendees will encounter a unique celebration of Apple technology-infused art, music, and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in our expo hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. Whether a home user, an artistic hobbyist, a professional or a true Technorati, Macworld/iWorld gives attendees the chance to experience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld / iWorld, the MacIT® Conference, the Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), Anime Expo®, The Game Marketing Summit, Enterprise MobileNext (mNext), and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
SOURCE IDG World Expo