LOS ANGELES, Feb. 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- IDrive Online Backup has introduced a new cloud-to-cloud backup feature for Office 365 data stored within OneDrive. Microsoft already provides file sync and share services for Office 365 through OneDrive, which ensures that user data is never lost, however this still does not protect files from user errors or malicious behavior such as ransomware. This is where IDrive comes in with the introduction of backup of OneDrive Office 365 data.
IDrive now has the capability of performing backups from multiple Office 365 accounts into a single IDrive account, protecting users against data loss scenarios that are not covered by Microsoft. For example, if an Office 365 file is corrupted, it will be corrupted across all synced user devices, making that file unrecoverable. With IDrive, previous versions of files are retained so users can easily restore and pick up where they left off.
Here's more on how IDrive helps to protect Office 365 data:
- Backup via the web -- backup data from multiple Office 365 accounts all into a single IDrive account, protecting users against data loss scenarios that are not covered by Microsoft.
- Incremental Backups -- IDrive does incremental backups, meaning that after the initial backup is completed, subsequent Office 365 backups will only include the data that has been changed or modified since the last backup. IDrive allows users to retain up to 10 versions of files for recovery.
- Security -- All user data is encrypted using 256-bit AES encryption during transfer and storage with an optional private key, not stored anywhere on IDrive's servers.
- Restore via the web -- users can view the Office 365 accounts that were backed up and restore data directly to their OneDrive account or download the data instantly to their computer.
- Compliance -- Office 365 backup via IDrive adheres to most data security and compliance requirements, as data is encrypted on storage.
IDrive Inc. is a privately held company specializing in cloud storage, online backup, file sharing, remote access, compliance and related technologies. Core services include IDrive®, RemotePC™ and IBackup. The company's services help over 3 million customers back up over 60 Petabytes of data.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/idrive-online-backup-introduces-cloud-to-cloud-backup-feature-for-office-365-300412702.html
SOURCE IDrive Inc.