LOS ALAMITOS, Calif., Sept. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- With tablet adoption skyrocketing among academic and other audiences, IEEE Computer Society's Conference Publishing Services (CPS) division is launching a new e-book option that will let conference attendees easily view proceedings from their mobile devices.
"As mobile device adoption continues to skyrocket, tablets are an increasingly common sight at academic conferences, both as a vehicle for presenters to share their papers and for attendees to view papers being presented," said CPS Supervisor Patrick Kellenberger. "Conference Publishing Services is pleased to provide organizers and their attendees with an e-book option to meet those needs."
The e-book option, available for iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire, or Android devices, will provide conference attendees with:
- Easy access to an entire publication via their mobile devices
- A publication specifically created to read on smaller screens
- Quick searchability of table of contents and articles, and
- Clear rendering of accompanying figures and graphics.
The e-book option will enable conference organizers to:
- Meet attendee demand for conference papers that can be read easily on mobile devices
- Avoid shipping costs associated with printing copies of proceedings, and
- Avoid delays associated with shipping printed copies of proceedings.
CPS has been managing conference proceedings publication for organizers for decades. In addition to the e-book option, CPS offers:
- Highly qualified editors who manage every detail
- Peer review services
- Automation and Web-based tools to simplify the process
- A free mobile application for iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire, and Android that enables attendees to view and plan conference schedules and events
- Compelling graphics to make conference publications look appealing
- Indexing services
- Media choices, from books and CD-ROM to online and USB drives, and
- Competitive pricing.
About IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society is the world's leading computing membership organization and the trusted information and career-development source for a global workforce of technology leaders including: professors, researchers, software engineers, IT professionals, employers, and students. The unmatched source for technology information, inspiration, and collaboration, the IEEE Computer Society is the source that computing professionals trust to provide high-quality, state-of-the-art information on an on-demand basis. The Computer Society provides a wide range of forums for top minds to come together, including technical conferences, publications, and a comprehensive digital library, unique training webinars, professional training, and the TechLeader Training Partner Program to help organizations increase their staff's technical knowledge and expertise. The Computer Society is the producer of Rock Stars of Big Data, the must-attend big data event of the year. To find out more about the community for technology leaders, visit http://www.computer.org.
Media Contact: Margo McCall, IEEE Computer Society, (714) 816-2182, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE IEEE Computer Society