LOS ALAMITOS, Calif., April 19, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On 26 May 2016, the IEEE Computer Society will host its premiere event, Rock Stars of Cyber Security, Singapore, at the Little Red Dot Museum, Singapore.
In response to Singapore recognizing Cyber Security as a top concern, with organizations like Singapore's Cyber Security Agency (CSA) currently taking steps to raise standards and introduce the Cyber Security Bill in Parliament later this year, the Rock Stars of Cyber Security event is planned to educate, increase awareness, and introduce the latest technologies and strategies for the limitation and prevention of serious cyber attacks.
As Singapore moves towards a Smart City and embraces rapid technology advancement, the interaction among telecommunications, financial and banking institutions, and other industries, means that a sophisticated cyber security breach remains one of the biggest concerns in Singapore.
Key topics to be covered are:
- The importance of developing crucial risk strategies and building the right security programs to reflect them
- Protecting against malicious online activity through quantification of unknown security problems
Speakers sharing cutting-edge strategies include:
- David O'Berry, Worldwide Chief Strategist, Intel Security
- Kristen Hill, Senior Director, Information Security, CBS Corporation
- Foong Sew Bun, Distinguished Engineer and Lead Cloud, IBM
- Justine Bone, Chief Technology Officer, Secured Worldwide
- Eddie Schwartz, President and Chief Operating Officer, White Ops, Inc.
Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with speakers, C-Suite level leaders from major international organizations, and supporting partnership organizations. Supporting partnership organizations for this event include:
- e27 (Media Partner)
- MyRepublic (Supporting Partner)
- Association of Information Security Professionals, AISP (Supporting Partner)
- ISACA Singapore Chapter (Supporting Partner)
- (ISC)2 (Supporting Partner)
- Singapore Workforce Development Agency, WDA
Register at www.rockstarsasia.com while early registration discounts are still in effect.
About IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society, the computing industry's unmatched source for technology information and career development, offers a comprehensive array of industry-recognized products, services and professional opportunities. Known as the community for technology leaders, IEEE Computer Society's vast resources include membership, publications, a renowned digital library, training programs, conferences, and top-trending technology events. Visit www.computer.org for more information on all products and services.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ieee-computer-societys-rock-stars-of-cyber-security-to-premiere-in-singapore-and-address-top-singapore-cyber-security-threats-300254216.html
SOURCE IEEE Computer Society