LAS VEGAS and SEATTLE, Dec. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- International Game Technology (NYSE: IGT), a global leader in gaming systems technology, and DoubleDown Casino, the world's largest social casino, today announced the release of the first-ever Social Casino Index. The U.S. Social Casino Index is based on more than six million people who play DoubleDown Casino games on Facebook online or on a mobile device every month. A social casino is an online site that offers non-wagering traditional casino games such as Poker, Roulette and Slots and is played via social networks. DoubleDown Casino is the only social casino that brings an authentic Vegas experience where everyone is welcome to share in the thrill of taking a chance.
The Index reveals that social casino players in the U.S. are mostly women between the ages of 45 and 55 and women played 30 percent more virtual chips than men per social gaming session. Women were willing to take a chance with up to 10 million virtual chips per session while men did not venture past 7.6 million.
"As the world's largest virtual social casino, we are always seeking to better understand our players and their preferences," said John Clelland, Vice President of Global Marketing at IGT Interactive Group. "The Social Casino Index gives the gaming industry a truly detailed look at social casino player preferences for the first time. It's also fascinating to look into the similarities and differences in our players from coast to coast."
The Winners & Losers
- Players on the West Coast were luckier in the first half of the year winning more than 1.7 billion virtual chips in jackpots while those on the East Coast won 790 million virtual chips.
- The top five states with players most willing to take their chances were North Dakota, Washington, Oregon, Nevada and Wyoming. Those states had the highest concentration of players across the U.S.
- Hawaii wins the title of Most Mobile State as players there were up to 20 percent more likely to play on a mobile device than average. Maine players were almost 25 percent less likely to play on a mobile device.
- Women in Nevada were on a winning streak as more than 60 percent of players from the state were female. Men in West Virginia showed the highest percentage per state of male players, with more than 40 percent enjoying DoubleDown Casino games.
The full U.S. Social Casino Index can be found at http://doubledowninteractive.com/press.
DoubleDown Casino, which provides engaging social casino style games to more than 6 million players monthly, celebrated a successful 2013. In addition to the Social Casino Index, the company launched the world's first cross-platform video poker tournament and largest social poker tournament ever this year.
- Like us on Facebook
- Like DoubleDown Casino on Facebook
- Play DoubleDown Casino games
- Follow us on Twitter
- View IGT's YouTube Channel
- Check out our other games and gaming systems
International Game Technology (NYSE: IGT) is a global leader in casino gaming entertainment and continues to transform the industry by translating casino player experiences to social, mobile and interactive environments for regulated markets around the world. IGT's acquisition of DoubleDown Interactive provides engaging social casino style entertainment to more than 6 million players monthly. More information about IGT is available at IGT.com or connect with IGT at @IGTNews or facebook.com/IGT. Anyone can play at the DoubleDown Casino by visiting http://apps.facebook.com/doubledowncasino or doubledowncasino.com.
IGT Public Relations
SOURCE International Game Technology