Ihu's Breakaway Falls™ Is Now Open At Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark™ In Orlando
- Now open at Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark™, Ihu's Breakaway Falls™ is the tallest, steepest and only multi-drop tower slide of its kind in Orlando.
- Ihu's Breakaway Falls offers four slide paths with four unique experiences.
ORLANDO, Fla., May 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Ihu's Breakaway Falls™ - the tallest, steepest and only multi-drop tower slide of its kind in Orlando – is now open at Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark™.
Riders climb 126 steps to the top of the eight-story tower (nearly 80 feet), stepping into one of three colorful breakaway boxes. As the door closes, riders cross their arms and give a thumbs up in preparation for their drop -- they'll never know when the floor beneath them will disappear! Facing each other, riders watch as their fellow riders fall. Adding to the anticipation is the sound of a heartbeat, which can be heard in the background while bracing for the drop. Once the floor disappears, riders drop 20-24 feet per second launching them into a spiraling speed slide culminating in a final splashdown.
Riders who are not quite brave enough for the breakaway boxes can try the open slide. But don't be fooled, this is not an ordinary slide; it's the steepest of the four slides and many riders are calling it the most intense.
"Ihu's Breakaway Falls is the reason to visit Aquatica Orlando this summer," said Bryan Nadeau, Aquatica Orlando vice president. "From the daring height, crazy drops, and intense speed, this thrilling new attraction brings a whole new level of excitement to an already amazing park that has so much for every age."
Fear the Falls ... Fun Facts
- Ihu's Breakaway Falls™ features the tallest, steepest, and only multi-drop tower slide of its kind in Orlando.
- Those who dare to brave Ihu's Breakaway Falls™ will experience an almost vertical drop for nearly 40 feet, the steepest slide of its kind in Orlando.
- Ihu's Breakaway Falls™ is the longest water thrill slide of its kind featuring three "breakaway boxes" – orange, green, and blue -- and one open slide – purple – offering four completely different slide paths.
- Drop more than three stories and slide for 420 feet, the longest of the four slides, on the orange slide.
- The green slide path has the shortest drop, but it's still a 28-foot fall – that's the same as four seven-foot tall basketball players!
- Fall from the blue slide if you're looking for the steepest slide with a breakaway box.
- While the purple slide isn't a true drop slide, it is by no means a "chicken slide". In fact, this open-aired slide is the steepest of all four slides.
- Once the floor disappears, riders will drop 20-24 feet per second.
- Ihu's Breakaway Falls™ is the only high-speed water thrill slide in the world with three breakaway boxes that face each other so riders can share the full experience.
For more information about Ihu's Breakaway Falls, please visit AquaticaOrlando.com.
From high-speed water slides and exhilarating wave pools, to tranquil beaches and the remarkable animal habitats that are the hallmark of SeaWorld®, Aquatica Orlando delights all ages and interests. This one-of-a-kind waterpark is home to some of the world's most thrilling water rides, featuring 42 slides, rivers and lagoons and 84,000 square feet of sparkling white, sandy beaches.
Stay cool, relax, and enjoy your own private cabana with a view of Roa's Rapids® at the all-new Roa's Island River View Cabanas.
Be among the first to hear the latest park updates by staying connected on Facebook and joining the conversation using #BREAKAWAYBRAVE.
The best way to experience Ihu's Breakaway Falls at Aquatica Orlando is with a single-day ticket, starting at just $28. For more information, visit AquaticaOrlando.com.
Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark, is a part of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment. SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment inspires millions, through the power of entertainment, to celebrate, connect with and care for the natural world. The Company is best known for its 11 U.S. theme parks, attractions that hosted more than 24 million guests in 2012 and include the beloved SeaWorld®, Busch Gardens® and Sesame Place® brands. The parks offer guests animal encounters that invite exploration and appreciation of the natural world, thrilling rides and spectacular shows. In 2011 the Company began expanding its popular brands into media platforms to connect people to nature and animals through movies, television, and digital media; plus began developing new lines of licensed consumer products.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is one of the world's foremost zoological organizations. The Company maintains one of the largest animal collections in the world and has helped lead advances in the care of species in zoological facilities and in the conservation of wild populations. It also operates one of the world's most respected programs to rescue, rehabilitate and return to the ocean marine animals that are ill or injured: SeaWorld has rescued more than 23,000 animals over the last four decades.
Video - http://origin-qps.onstreammedia.com/origin/multivu_archive/PRNA/ENR/FL23739A-Aquatica-SeaWorlds-Waterpark-Ihus-Breakaway-Falls.mp4
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140508/85985
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140508/85986
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140508/86011
SOURCE Aquatica, SeaWorld's Waterpark