CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa., May 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- IKEA announced today that it is collaborating with Feeding America®, the nation's largest domestic hunger-relief organization, to sponsor an in-store program, 'Feeding the Future,' which runs June 1 – 30, to support local Feeding America member food banks.
Through the 'Feeding the Future' program, IKEA U.S. will donate $1 to local Feeding America food banks for every healthy kids meal purchased in any IKEA U.S. restaurant. Additionally, IKEA customers can add $1 donations* to the Feeding America network at all IKEA store registers at cash lanes, customer restaurants, IKEA Bistros and Swedish Food markets.The five healthy kids meals in the 'Feeding the Future' program include:
- Organic penne pasta with organic marinara sauce
- Grilled chicken with baby carrots, strawberries and string cheese
- Vegetable Ball with steamed vegetables
- Chicken Ball with steamed vegetables
- Swedish meatballs mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables
"Every day, millions of Americans, including children, are struggling with hunger. IKEA U.S. is dedicated to supporting our local communities and customers by supporting our store markets local food banks. Collaborating with the Feeding America network, along with our commitment to healthy eating, benefits many in need," commented Evamay Lawson, IKEA Community Relations Manager.
This year marks the fourth year of the 'Feeding the Future' program. To date the program has helped to secure almost 9 million meals to people who struggle with hunger.
- According to Feeding America, more than one out of six US children live in a household with food insecurity, which means they do not always know where they will find their next meal.
- At IKEA, children are the most important people in the world, so IKEA looks to support programs that make a difference in the lives of the many children. For this reason, IKEA is partnering again in 2017 with Feeding America to sponsor an annual in-store program – 'Feeding the Future' – which supports national local food banks.
- This partnership is a great way for IKEA US to reach local communities, support Feeding America's child hunger programs, encourage healthy eating, as well as give our customers the opportunity to make a difference.
Feeding America Network of Food Banks
The process of getting food to people who struggle with hunger in America requires a dynamic infrastructure and sophisticated management. Feeding America secures donations from national food and grocery manufacturers, retailers, shippers, packers and growers – and from government agencies and other organizations. Feeding America then moves donated food and grocery product to member food banks.
The food banks in turn distribute food and grocery items through food pantries and meal programs that serve families, children, seniors and others who struggle with hunger. Last year alone, the Feeding America network distributed more than 4 billion meals to people in need.
The Feeding America nationwide network of 200 food banks also supports programs that improve food security among the people served; educates the public about the issue of hunger; and advocates for legislation that protects people from going hungry.
*.IKEA guarantees a maximum donation of $50,000 to Feeding America and member food banks from June 1 to June 30, 2017
About IKEA Group
Since its 1943 founding in Sweden, IKEA has offered home furnishings of good design and function at low prices. The IKEA Group operates 340 IKEA stores in 28 countries, including 42 in the U.S. IKEA incorporates sustainability into day-to-day business and supports initiatives that benefit children and the environment. For more information see IKEA-USA.com, @IKEAUSANews, @IKEAUSA or IKEAUSA on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.
About Feeding America
Feeding America is a nationwide network of more than 200 food banks that leads the fight against hunger in the United States. Together, we provide food to more than 46 million people through 61,000 food pantries, soup kitchens, and shelters in communities across America. Feeding America also supports programs that improve food security among the people we serve; educates the public about the problem of hunger; and advocates for legislation that protects people from going hungry. Individuals, charities, businesses and government all have a role in ending hunger. Donate. Volunteer. Advocate. Educate. Together we can solve hunger. Visit www.feedingamerica.org. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/FeedingAmerica or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/FeedingAmerica.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ikea-and-feeding-america-partner-again-to-fight-child-hunger-and-support-local-food-banks-300463726.html
SOURCE IKEA US