LONDON, Feb. 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The high resolution and high quality of images in addition to low manufacturing cost has helped the advancement and development of image sensors. It uses two basic technologies, namely, CMOS and CCD. The companies involved in the development of image sensors are consistently working to improve the performance of sensors.
The image sensor market has been segmented on the basis of technology into CMOS, CCD, and other sensor. Currently, CMOS sensors are used for most applications. Sony Corporation (Japan), one of the major companies, is emphasizing more on the development of CMOS sensor, and plans to discontinue the production of CCD image sensor by 2017. Image sensors have a high demand in the automotive application, owing to the implementation of cameras in the automotive sector and the development of self-driving car. Sony Corporation (Japan) and OmniVision Technologies Inc. (U.S.) are among the players who are developing CMOS image sensor for the automotive sector. Sony has collaborated with ZMP Inc. (Japan) to develop self-driving cars which incorporate CMOS image sensor. The image sensor market has also been segmented on the basis of specification into image processing type, spectrum, and array type. The image processing type includes 2D and 3D CMOS image sensor. The market for 3D CMOS image sensor is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 33.91% between 2015 and 2020, owing to the high resolution and depth sensing feature it offers.
This report on the image sensor market provides a detailed analysis of market dynamics which include drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges. The Porter's five forces analysis has been included in the report with a description of the forces and their respective impact on the image sensor market. The value chain analysis has also been included in the report. It has been estimated that the majority of companies which develop image sensors are located in the Asia-Pacific region. Asia-Pacific accounted for a major market share of ~37% of the total market and this trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Some of the companies present in the said market include CMOSIS NV (Belgium), e2v technologies plc (U.K.), GalaxyCore Inc. (China), OmniVision Technologies Inc. (U.S.), ON Semiconductor Corporation (U.S.), Panasonic Corporation (Japan), Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. (South Korea), Sharp Corporation (Japan), SK Hynix Inc. (South Korea), Sony Corporation (Japan), Teledyne Technologies, Inc. (U.S.), and Toshiba Corporation (Japan).
- The total market size in terms of value of the image sensor market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.30% between 2015 and 2020.
- This report includes the market statistics pertaining to technology, specification, application, and geography along with their respective revenue.
- The Porter's five forces framework has been utilized along with the value chain analysis to provide an in-depth insight of this market.
- Major market drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges for the image sensor market have been detailed in this report.
- Illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast for the market have been included to provide an overall view of the this market.
- The detailed competitive landscape includes key players, in-depth analysis, and growth strategies adopted by the respective companies.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3349445/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48