TOKYO, March 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- IMG Academy, the largest and most advanced multi-sport training and educational institution in the world, agreed and signed to extend partnership with airweave holdings inc. of Japan. airweave will continuously supply students at IMG Academy with 50 mattresses every year until 2017. The Academy will continue helping the mattress brand to conduct its on-going sleep and performance study.
Recently, relationships between better sleep and better performance have been emphasized and recognized in various situations. Athletic performance is not an exception and managing sleep became a critical issue for top athletes. The airweave mattress has been shown to induce an efficient heat exchange that facilitates deep sleep at sleep onset. In addition, low-muscle activities are required for roll-overs during sleep with airweave. Both properties aid restorative sleep.
In 2011, airweave began supplying IMG Academy with a number of its high-rebound mattresses to encourage better and more restorative sleep among student athletes and ultimately help them achieve optimal performance. By 2013, all dorm beds at the Academy were furnished with airweave mattresses. To evaluate if airweave mattresses induce better sleep and better athletic performance, airweave initiated sponsored research with Stanford Sleep and Circadian Neurobiology Laboratory (led by Director Seiji Nishino, M.D., Ph.D), which is currently in progress. The study evaluates the effects of different beddings on sleep and athletic performance, including statistical analysis to examine how various sleeping environments affect sleep, sleep-related physiology and athletic performance across three quantitative measures (40-meter sprint, long jump and star drill).
The Japanese company believes that better sleep may not only induce better performance but also prevents possible injuries and facilitate rehabilitation of athletes. Managing sleep is also of great interest to U.S. Olympians. The United States Olympic Committee has appointed airweave as its official mattress supplier to Team USA since the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics, and airweave continues its support to U.S. athletes to perform at their best at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics by providing special products specifically customized to fit each athlete's body.
Founded in 2007, airweave, a mattress/mattress topper brand, has been offering comfortable support for the best possible quality sleep. Just by laying on top of the pre-existing mattress, the scientifically supported ultra-thin mattress will bring more restful slumber through its ergonomic, breathable design, and high resilience which help users turn over more easily. airweave is proven to minimize strain on joints, reduce restlessness while sleeping and distribute weight evenly, all of which amount to a life-enhancing sleep experience that leaves people feeling invigorated and refreshed upon waking. In 2014, Motokuni Takaoka, the founder and CEO of airweave, brought his innovative Japanese technology to the United States via online sales, and in February 2015, airweave opened its first flagship store in Manhattan's SoHo district. airweave is available in other regions as well such as mainland China, Singapore and Taiwan with further business expansion around the world being envisioned.
airweave is enhancing the daily life and athletic performance of its users, which include:
- Several national Olympic delegations, including the United States, Austria, France, Germany, Switzerland and Japan. Nearly 33% of the medaling athletes at the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games were members of Olympic teams to which airweave supplied mattresses. At the 2016 Rio Olympic Games, airweave will provide specially customized mattresses for Team USA athletes;
- Top amateur and professional athletes around the globe, including two-time Masters champion Bubba Watson, U.S. Olympic gold medalist ice dancers Meryl Davis and Charlie White;
- Students at the Paris Opera Ballet School, where all beds in the dormitory are furnished with airweave mattresses;
- Students at the Royal Ballet School in London where airweave mattresses have been introduced to its younger students at the White Lodge dormitory;
- More than 500 students of IMG Academy whose residence hall features airweave mattresses. (Sleep research has been conducted at the Academy to measure the effect of airweave mattresses on individual athletic performance.);
- First and business class passengers of Japan Airlines international flights;
- Guests at high-end hotels, such as all diamond suites of Hotel Hermitage Monte Carlo, Andaz on Fifth Avenue and The Kitano New York.
For more information, visit http://airweave.com
Four benefits of airweave mattress:
- Highly resilient bedding material allows you to turn over more easily and maintain deeper sleep.
- Excellent dispersion of body pressure prevents physical strain and minimizes peak pressure points.
- Breathability of core material helps to dissipate heat and moisture generated by the body during sleep.
- Mattress cover and core material are easily washable with water.
Lisa Baird - Chief Marketing Officer, United States Olympic Committee (email@example.com)
Sam Zussman - Former Managing Director of IMG Academy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Seiji Nishino, M.D., Ph.D. - Principal Investigator (email@example.com)
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/img-academy-airweave-agree-to-extend-partnership-support-youth-athletes-quality-sleep-300242390.html
SOURCE airweave holdings inc.