SAN FRANCISCO, December 12, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The global immunohematology market is expected to reach a value of USD 2.3 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. This expansion is attributed to the increasing cases of trauma and rising number of hospital and trauma care centers facilitating emergency treatments. This creates a need to procure blood to suffice the demand, thus, boosting the market for immunohematology tests and products. Involvement of government organizations and NGOs is vast in this field.
Use of technology is contributing to the growth in the market. Use of mobile applications helps in tracking the blood donation activity of volunteer donors and also reminds them to donate regularly. In April 2016, The Indian Red Cross Society launched an application (app) to facilitate blood banking facility. The app is expected to address the shortage issue in the region. Moreover, in 2011, the first type of this application was launched by Hemo bioscience, Inc., a U.S.-based company. The company made the app available for free for apple users.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Immunohematology Market Analysis by Product (Immunohematology Analyzer, Immunohematology Reagent), By End Use (Hospitals, Blood banks, Diagnostic Laboratories), By Region (North America, Europe, APAC, LATAM & MEA) And Segment Forecasts, 2013 - 2024" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/immunohematology-market
Further Key Findings From the Study Suggest:
- Immunohematology reagents dominated the product segment in 2015 due to huge product variety and an increasing number of blood banks procuring these reagents. The innovations in the field are resulting in new product launches and also the efforts are acknowledged at a global level.
- In December 2013, Sysmex Corporation received the German Design Award for its XN-2000 hematology reagent. Almost 1,900 products were nominated for the award.
- Hospitals dominated the end-use segment in 2015 due to increasing number of emergency cases because of road accidents and other types of trauma. Governments and investors are increasingly investing in expanding and upgrading emergency departments in hospitals to cater to the growing demand and increase the chances of survival of trauma patients.
- In 2015, North America dominated the market with a revenue share of more than 40%. In the U.S., there is a patient requiring transfusion every 2 seconds. The daily consumption of blood is approximately 36,000 units per day. This indicates the huge opportunity of growth in this region.
- Some of the key industry players are Hologic, Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.; Grifols, ThermoFisher, Immucor; Ortho Clinical Diagnostics; BD (Becton Dickinson); Siemens Healthcare GmbH; Abbott; and Beckman Coulter, Inc.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Glucose Monitoring Device Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/glucose-monitoring-device-market
- Infectious Vaccines Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/infectious-vaccines-market
- Neurovascular Intervention Devices Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/neurovascular-intervention-devices-market
- Tumor Ablation Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/tumor-ablation-market
Grand View Research has segmented the immunohematology market by product, end use, and region:
- Immunohematology Product Outlook (Market revenue in USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Immunohematology analyzer
- Immunohematology reagent
- Immunohematology End-Use Outlook (Market revenue in USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Blood banks
- Diagnostic laboratories
- Immunohematology Regional Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- North America
Read Our Research Insight - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/research-insights/immunohematology-market-insights-size-trends
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Read Our Blogs - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.