HARRISBURG, Pa., March 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Here's some cool news: when you're looking for a quick, healthy mid-week family meal; a fast breakfast before heading out to work or school; tasty appetizers for entertaining; or a terrific dessert for that special occasion, you may need to look no further than your freezer. The frozen food aisle is becoming a popular shopping destination, as industry sales topped $53 billion in 2016, with top category sellers including entrees, pizza and ice cream.
March is National Frozen Food Month. Which means…
- It's a great time to visit your local supermarket and enjoy special prices and promotions on America's favorite frozen foods.
- In celebration of the March promotion, the National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA) sponsors a $10,000 Sweepstakes.
- Visit www.EasyHomeMeals.com, where you can enter for a chance to win and also find terrific recipes and meal planning ideas.
Frozen foods have come a long way since they were introduced in 1930 by Clarence Birdseye. Take a walk in your supermarket's freezer aisles and see the over 3,000 quality products to fit any craving or dietary need, including vegetarian, organic, ethnic and gluten-free. And much of what you find in those cool aisles today has been developed and prepared by expert chefs in test kitchens across the country using real ingredients and rigorously evaluated by nutritionists and dietitians.
"The frozen aisles have become a wonderland for foodies," says classically-trained chef, lifestyle expert and TV personality Ceci Carmichael. "They are diverse, convenient, bold and tasty – real food…just frozen. And there are so many options. I use my freezer as an extension of my pantry, and always have a number of go-to products to help me prepare those tasty, healthy, homemade-quality meals – without having to do everything from scratch."
Why Choose Frozen?
- Allows for easy portion control, helping you achieve nutritional balance
- Flash-freezing technology delivers "perfect preservation," freezing at the peak of freshness, right from the field or sea
- Utilizing frozen foods reduces food spoilage and food waste
- Frozen trends today include reduced sodium levels and fresh, simple ingredients
- Eco-friendly packaging is keeping foods fresher longer and retaining more nutrients
- Your favorite foods are always in season, and ready for easy, quick preparation and cleanup
About National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA)
NFRA is a non-profit trade association representing all segments of the frozen and refrigerated foods industry. NFRA sponsors national promotions March Frozen Food Month, June Dairy Month and June/July Ice Cream & Novelties; and provides consumer information such as food safety guidelines, meal preparation tips, recipes and sweepstakes opportunities through its Easy Home Meals consumer website and social media properties.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/in-a-recipe-rut-the-answer-youre-looking-for-may-be-as-close-as-your-nearest-frozen-food-aisle-300415075.html
SOURCE National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association