Throughout the campaign, Southwest Employees share the "Yes" message by taking on the current trend of lip-sync battles. Beginning last night during NFL football through early 2017, in the coming months you'll see:
- Tammy Davis, Cleveland-based Customer Service Agent; Guillermo Rosales, San Diego-based Customer Service Agent, and Roy Nabors, Chicago Midway based Ramp Agent, lip-sync "Any Way You Want It" by Journey.
- Michelle Lovett, Customer Service Agent based in Birmingham, and Matt Sherman, Dallas-based Ramp Agent, lip-sync "Yeah Yeah Yeah" by Jax Jones.
- Mary Ann Mayo Rodriguez, Customer Service Agent based in San Diego, and Brian Kalchbrenner, Las Vegas-based Captain, lip-sync "Whatever You Like" by T.I.
- Alphonso Thomas, Las Vegas-based Flight Attendant, and Melissa Salaman, Orlando-based Flight Attendant, lip-sync "Yeah Yeah" by Willy Moon.
A few of the approaches through which the campaign comes to life:
- Viewers will recognize popular music tracks with a unique Southwest spin.
- Sound booths will appear at various Southwest locations where Employees and Customers will compete with one another in lip-sync battles.
- Unsuspecting Customers at various locations will receive inflight drink coupons, Rapid Rewards points, gift cards and more.
Already receiving positive comments from the airline's fans and followers, Southwest plans more messaging on Facebook and Twitter around the new campaign in the coming weeks.
In early September, the Company released Wanna Get Away®, which also reflects Southwest's humor and personality. Those ads also run through January 2017. A separate social media contest is underway on the airline's Instagram and Twitter pages. Wanna Get Away and "Yes" are part of the Transfarency campaign that launched in October 2015.
WANNA GET AWAY CONTEST RULES
ABOUT SOUTHWEST AIRLINES CO.
In its 46th year of service, Dallas-based Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) continues to differentiate itself from other air carriers with exemplary Customer Service delivered by more than 52,000 Employees to more than 100 million Customers annually. Southwest operates more than 3,900 departures a day during peak travel season across a network of 98 destinations in the United States and seven additional countries with service to three airports in Cuba expected to begin later this year, subject to governmental approvals.
Based on the U.S. Department of Transportation's most recent data, Southwest Airlines is the nation's largest carrier in terms of originating domestic passengers boarded. The Company operates the largest fleet of Boeing aircraft in the world, the majority of which are equipped with satellite-based WiFi providing gate-to-gate connectivity. That connectivity enables Customers to use their personal devices to view video on-demand movies and television shows, as well as more than 20 channels of free, live TV compliments of our valued Partners. Southwest created Transfarency℠, a philosophy which treats Customers honestly and fairly, and in which low fares actually stay low. Southwest is the only major U.S. airline to offer bags fly free® to everyone (first and second checked pieces of luggage, size and weight limits apply, some airlines may allow free checked bags on select routes or for qualified circumstances), and there are no change fees, though fare differences might apply. The airline proudly unveiled a bold new look: Heart. A new logo, aircraft livery, interior design featuring a new seat and Flight Attendant galley, Employee-designed uniforms, and an updated airport experience all showcase the dedication of Southwest Employees who connect Customers with what's important in their lives.
From its first flights on June 18, 1971, Southwest Airlines launched an era of unprecedented affordability in air travel described by the U.S. Department of Transportation as "The Southwest Effect," a lowering of fares and increase in passenger traffic whenever the carrier enters new markets. With 43 consecutive years of profitability, Southwest is one of the most honored airlines in the world, known for a triple bottom line approach that contributes to the carrier's performance and productivity, the importance of its People and the communities they serve, and an overall commitment to efficiency and the planet. The 2015 Southwest Airlines One Report™ can be found at SouthwestOneReport.com.
Book Southwest Airlines' low fares online at Southwest.com or by phone at 800-I-FLY-SWA.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/in-a-world-full-of-no-southwest-airlines-sings-yes-in-latest-ad-campaign-300333740.html
SOURCE Southwest Airlines Co.