In Conversation: A New Podcast Series With Red Hot Chili Peppers' Chad Smith
Series One - Alex Lifeson Of Rush, A Three Part Conversation Starting Monday May 13th
The First In A Series Of Intimate Conversations With Some Of The Most Inspirational Musicians Of All Time
SAN FRANCISCO, May 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MusicRadar.com, the world's leading website for musicians, presents In Conversation, a new podcast interview series in which Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith sits down for wide-ranging, one-on-one chats with some of the most inspirational musicians of all time.
Multiple award winning and Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductee, Smith hasn't lost sight of what it's like to be a fan and last month, a few days before the legendary Canadian trio Rush were inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, he indulged his inner prog rocker and joined iconic guitarist Alex Lifeson for a laugh-filled, leisurely dinner at the Sunset Marquis in West Hollywood, California.
"The invisible interview – that's what I call it," says Smith. "Friends, thoughts, information – why do you do what you do? Admiration, respect, insight and maybe a surprise."
In Conversation is not a traditional interview; it's an insight into the personal and professional lives of two great musicians. Over striped sea bass and baked duck, Smith and Lifeson enthusiastically hold forth on a variety of topics. Although their histories and bands couldn't be more different, their commitment to unconventional self-expression shows a deep, mutual bond.
"I've been a Rush fan since high school," says Smith. "Neil [Peart] gets a lot of attention, as he should, but Al is under appreciated, I think. He is as great a musician as he is to be around. I'm honored for him to be my first. He was gentle with me!"
"On his own, Chad Smith has always been a brilliant raconteur, but when paired with a fellow musician, he proves to be an incisive interviewer, one who is both fan and peer," said Joe Bosso, US Editor, Musicradar.com. "We are thrilled to be working with him on In Conversation, where he brings our readers and listeners inside the personal and professional lives of music stars in his own disarmingly casual, friendly and funny way."
MusicRadar.com will publish the first part of In Conversation: Chad Smith With Alex Lifeson on Monday, May 13th, available at http://www.musicradar.com/chadsmith and will roll out additional installments once a week for three consecutive weeks. Later this year, Smith will talk with other artists – legends, peers and up-and-comers – in what will undoubtedly be a can't-miss series of interviews for music fans all over.
ABOUT FUTURE PLC:
- Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
- We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Entertainment, Guitar, Creative, Sport and Auto sectors.
- We attract more than 50 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.comand musicradar.com.
- Future sold more than 24 million magazines last year, that's 45 magazines every minute. Our most well-known print brands include T3, Total Film, Cycling Plus and Official Xbox Magazine.
- We deliver over 100 digital editions, and have sold over three million products powered by our own app-creation software, FutureFolio.
- Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK's number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
- Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.
SOURCE Future US