InCharge Debt Solutions Introduces Online Homebuyer Education Course "HomeTrek" to the Public
The online course, already completed by over 700, is offered to the public by InCharge, a leading nonprofit agency approved by HUD to provide online education to the public.
ORLANDO, Fla., July 10, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- InCharge® Debt Solutions ("InCharge"), a nonprofit organization, announced today that its innovative HomeTrek online course is now available to anyone with access to the internet. The course – designed to teach consumers the complete home buying process – covers the many financial and practical steps involved and has been successfully completed by over 700 consumers. Completing this course may meet the requirements for down payment assistance programs and other home buyer programs.
The HomeTrek course – developed, designed and implemented by InCharge through funding provided by Experian – teaches prospective home buyers the complete process of buying a home and provides vital information home buyers need for informed decision-making. Key features of the course are video clips that follow a real family as they prepare for homeownership and eventually become homeowners. The online course also includes eight online quizzes; consumers who score 70% or higher on each quiz receive a Certificate of Completion.
HomeTrek covers the following topics:
- Renting vs. Buying: Which is best for you.
- Understanding your credit report and improving your score for mortgage-worthiness.
- Understanding how much home you can afford.
- Understanding mortgages how to shop for favorable rates and terms.
- How to find a house that fits your budget.
- How to budget for home ownership.
- People you'll deal with when buying a home (inspector, appraiser, realtor, lender).
- What to expect at closing.
- Availability of home buyer assistance programs.
- Strategies to help prevent foreclosure.
InCharge Debt Solutions, a HUD-approved Housing Counseling agency, also provides bankruptcy counseling and credit counseling services to consumers and service members in need of financial literacy education, money management guidance, and help finding the right debt solution for their specific situation.
- Bankruptcy Education and Counseling: Take required pre-filing counseling (from certified counseling staff) and pre-discharge course. Call 866-729-0049.
- Credit Counseling: Certified credit counselors give free, confidential counseling (online or by phone) and offer an alternative to debt consolidation through debt management programs and free budgeting assistance. Call 877-486-4924.
- Housing Counseling Services: Our Certified Housing Counselors can assist consumers with free foreclosure prevention counseling, mortgage scam assistance, pre-purchase counseling and first-time homebuyer education. Call 877-251-1882.
- Servicemember Help: Specialized help for military families facing financial difficulty. Call 877-258-9549.
- Online Counseling: Free, comprehensive web counseling provides budget building tool, analysis and available solutions from your computer. Visit: InCharge Debt Solutions.
About InCharge® Debt Solutions
Founded in 1997, InCharge® Debt Solutions is a leading 501(c)(3) non-profit, community-service organization offering confidential and professional credit counseling, housing counseling, debt management, bankruptcy education and general financial education to individuals seeking options to manage credit card debt and consolidate debt payment. The company, accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC), interacted with over 1.1 million consumers in 2012. InCharge is affiliated with InCharge® Education Foundation, Inc. (ICEF) which is dedicated to providing educational products, services and research supporting the personal financial literacy of consumers across America. ICEF also provides financial literacy training to servicemembers and their families through Military Money.
SOURCE InCharge Debt Solutions
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.