Nonprofit organization will exhibit at 6th Annual Bankruptcy Forum, November 12, 2012
ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- InCharge® Debt Solutions ("InCharge"), a nonprofit credit counseling agency, will be on hand to showcase its bankruptcy courses at the American Bankruptcy Institute's (ABI) 6th Annual Detroit Consumer Bankruptcy Conference on November 12, 2012.
InCharge will be showcasing its Pre-Filing Credit Counseling, and Pre-Discharge Debtor Education courses, found online at www.PersonalFinanceEducation.com. InCharge, with its affiliate InCharge Education Foundation, has helped clients complete over 1 million bankruptcy courses.
Conference programs will include topics like investing attorney fees, lien stripping, means testing, mortgage loan modifications, and tax planning. Attending will be bankruptcy attorneys and trustees along with representatives from organizations like InCharge Debt Solutions that offer vital services to those consumers needing bankruptcy courses and counseling.
"Michigan continues to be especially hard hit with bankruptcies, ranking tenth in the country in per capital filings," said Beth Mason, InCharge's Director of Outreach Programs for Bankruptcy Services. "Neighboring states like Indiana, Illinois, Ohio and Wisconsin are also still struggling, so the ABI Detroit forum will be a very important chance for InCharge to learn from and communicate with bankruptcy attorneys in the midwest."
InCharge Debt Solutions provides an array of certified counseling services including an alternative to debt consolidation that allows consumers to consolidate credit card bills into one monthly payment, pay debt off faster, lower interest rates regardless of credit score, stop collection calls, eliminate late fees and build a budget and financial plan to follow:
- Bankruptcy Education and Counseling: Take required pre-filing and pre-discharge courses and receive counseling from certified staff. Call 866-729-0049.
- Credit Counseling: Certified credit counselors give free, confidential counseling (online or by phone) and offer an alternative to debt consolidation through debt management programs and free budgeting assistance. Call 877-486-4924.
- Housing Counseling Services: Get help with HUD-approved foreclosure prevention, first-time homebuyer education and free counseling. Call 877-251-1882.
- Servicemember Help: Specialized help for military families facing financial difficulty. Call 877-258-9549.
- Online Counseling: Free, comprehensive web counseling provides budget building tool, analysis and available solutions from your computer. Visit: www.incharge.org.
About InCharge® Debt Solutions
Founded in 1997, InCharge® Debt Solutions is a leading 501(c)(3) non-profit, community-service organization offering confidential and professional credit counseling, housing counseling, debt management, bankruptcy education and general financial education to individuals seeking options to manage credit card debt and consolidate debt payment. The company, accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC), interacted with over 1.1 million consumers in 2011. InCharge is affiliated with InCharge® Education Foundation, Inc. (ICEF) which is dedicated to providing educational products, services and research supporting the personal financial literacy of consumers across America. ICEF also provides financial literacy training to servicemembers and their families through MilitaryMoney.com.
Contact: Media Relations
InCharge® Debt Solutions
SOURCE InCharge Debt Solutions