InCharge Showcases Bankruptcy Courses at Cooperstown Conference
Nonprofit organization will exhibit at Central New York Bankruptcy Bar Association Annual Conference, November 2-3, 2012
ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- InCharge® Debt Solutions ("InCharge"), a nonprofit credit counseling agency, will be on hand to showcase its bankruptcy courses at the 17th Annual Bankruptcy Conference of the Central New York Bankruptcy Bar Association (CNYBBA). The event is being co-sponsored by the Capital Region Bankruptcy Bar Association and the CNYBBA, and will be held November 2-3, 2012 in Cooperstown, New York.
InCharge will be showcasing its Pre-Filing Credit Counseling, and Pre-Discharge Debtor Education courses, found online at www.PersonalFinanceEducation.com. InCharge, with its affiliate InCharge Education Foundation, has helped clients complete over 1 million bankruptcy courses.
Conference programs will be held on topics such as bankruptcy and loss mitigation, fraud and Ponzi schemes, myths and realities of Chapter 12, and consumer case law updates, among others. Attending will be bankruptcy attorneys and trustees along with representatives from organizations like InCharge Debt Solutions that offer vital services to those consumers needing bankruptcy courses and counseling.
"New York bankruptcy filing rates have continued to stay unchanged from 2011 levels," said Beth Mason, InCharge's Director of Outreach Programs for Bankruptcy Services. "While the state ranks seventeenth in the nation in per capita filings, New York's nearly 20 million residents translates into over 32,000 bankruptcies so far in 2012. These numbers make this Annual Conference a very important way for us to communicate with bankruptcy attorneys and trustees in this important part of the country."
InCharge Debt Solutions provides an array of certified counseling services including an alternative to debt consolidation that allows consumers to consolidate credit card bills into one monthly payment, pay debt off faster, lower interest rates regardless of credit score, stop collection calls, eliminate late fees and build a budget and financial plan to follow:
- Bankruptcy Education and Counseling: Take required pre-filing and pre-discharge courses and receive counseling from certified staff. Call 866-729-0049.
- Credit Counseling: Certified credit counselors give free, confidential counseling (online or by phone) and offer an alternative to debt consolidation through debt management programs and free budgeting assistance. Call 877-486-4924.
- Housing Counseling Services: Get help with HUD-approved foreclosure prevention, first-time homebuyer education and free counseling. Call 877-251-1882.
- Servicemember Help: Specialized help for military families facing financial difficulty. Call 877-258-9549.
- Online Counseling: Free, comprehensive web counseling provides budget building tool, analysis and available solutions from your computer. Visit: www.incharge.org.
About InCharge® Debt Solutions
Founded in 1997, InCharge® Debt Solutions is a leading 501(c)(3) non-profit, community-service organization offering confidential and professional credit counseling, housing counseling, debt management, bankruptcy education and general financial education to individuals seeking options to manage credit card debt and consolidate debt payment. The company, accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and a member of the National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC), interacted with over 1.1 million consumers in 2011. InCharge is affiliated with InCharge® Education Foundation, Inc. (ICEF) which is dedicated to providing educational products, services and research supporting the personal financial literacy of consumers across America. ICEF also provides financial literacy training to servicemembers and their families through MilitaryMoney.com.
Contact: Media Relations
InCharge® Debt Solutions
SOURCE InCharge Debt Solutions