OAKLAND, Calif., Feb. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Escuela Bilingüe Internacional announced today that it is celebrating its 10th year as an independent Spanish-English bilingual school. At EBI, students from pre-kinder through 8th grade learn to create innovative solutions for tomorrow's problems through the inquiry-based International Baccalaureate programme.
"I'm extremely proud to be a part of the EBI community and everything that has been achieved in 10 years. Our teachers, staff and parents all make this school an amazing place," said Jon Fulk, Head of Escuela Bilingüe Internacional, which has campuses in Oakland's Rockridge district and Emeryville. "We are focused on academic excellence as well as characteristics that are important for success in today's society, such as diversity and international mindedness."
"We first opened our doors in September 2006 and were the first independent co-educational day school offering Spanish-English immersion to pre-kinder and elementary students in the Bay Area," said Liza Sánchez, Director of Admissions and founder, Escuela Bilingüe Internacional.
- Opened its doors in September 2006.
- Expanded its facilities by acquiring a building in Emeryville, opening that location in the fall of 2011.
- Authorized by the International Baccalaureate (IB) in 2011 to offer the IB Primary Years Programme (PYP).
- Applied in 2015 as a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Middle Years Programme.
- Received accreditation from the California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS) and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) through 2021, the maximum accreditation period possible
- In June 2015, celebrated the graduation of its first eighth grade class.
About Escuela Bilingüe Internacional
The mission of Escuela Bilingüe Internacional is to provide an excellent Spanish-English bilingual education based on the highest international academic standards in an environment that thrives on diversity, fosters global citizenship, and develops the character necessary to recognize that cultural uniqueness is the touchstone of our common humanity. Visit www.ebinternacional.org or Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ebinternacional/
SOURCE Escuela Bilingue Internacional