Independent Research Firm Cites Hyland Software as a Strong Performer; Gives OnBase Highest Possible Scores in 9 Categories 'Hyland continues to challenge the traditional ECM suite vendors with its broad transactional ECM capabilities'
CLEVELAND, Sept. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Forrester Research Inc. recognized Hyland Software as a Strong Performer in the September 2013 report titled "The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Content Management, Q3 2013." According to Forrester, Hyland was named a Strong Performer due to the well-rounded functionality of OnBase, its flagship platform. The research states that "Hyland continues to challenge the traditional ECM suite vendors with its broad transactional ECM capabilities."
OnBase achieved the highest possible scores in the following ECM product categories:
- Mobile Contribution (includes support for content creation, workflow participation and content consumption)
- Flexible User Interface
- Document Imaging and Capture
- Structured Data applications (includes a minimum of three packaged integration options for enterprise applications including SAP, Oracle eBusiness Suite, PeopleSoft, Microsoft Dynamics and other systems)
- Line Of Business Applications that Focus on Transactional Content
- SharePoint Integration
- Content Archiving
- Repository Integration
Changing user needs and business drivers are influencing vendors' product offerings and go-to-market strategies. Buyers are seeking ECM solutions that are flexible and easy to use, tailored to solving specific business problems, available in the cloud and accessible from mobile devices.
"Enterprises, both mid-sized and large, want ECM capabilities tailored for the particular business they are in and that solve practical problems enabling their employees to do what they do best," said Bill Priemer, president and CEO of Hyland Software. "We believe this recognition from Forrester validates Hyland's pragmatic approach to innovation. Our early momentum in providing industry specific solutions, deploying ECM in the cloud and delivering those solutions on mobile devices demonstrates we are responding to the real needs of the market."
Mid-sized organizations require sophisticated ECM capabilities that are easy to use. The WAVE report notes that: "The ability to scale OnBase upward and downward in scope and sophistication make it a fit for both mid-sized and large enterprises."
To download the 2013 Wave report, click here.
Forrester segments the market for ECM technologies according to how they put digital content to use in order to support an organization's internal operations or customer-facing business activities. Forrester evaluated vendors and their product offerings on their effectiveness in three categories of content management – Foundational, Business and Transactional.
Below are Forrester's definitions of the three categories.
- Foundational ECM provides basic content management functionality which includes services such as permissions, archiving, and basic workflow and support for records and retention management and search.
- Business content drives the day-to-day workplace experience. It serves a wide range of business processes, including structured, unstructured and employee self-service.
- Transactional content drives back-office processes and generally originates outside of the enterprise from third parties and relies on complex workflows or business process management (BPM) to drive processes. Technologies supporting transactional content include multichannel capture, computer output to laser disc (COLD)/ enterprise report management (ERM) and e-forms.
For information about Hyland Software, visit Hyland.com.
About Hyland Software
For over 20 years, Hyland Software has helped our more than 11,700 lifetime customers by providing real-world solutions to everyday business challenges. That dedication is why Hyland realizes double-digit growth, and why 98 percent of our customer base continues to renew its annual maintenance. Our customers see the ongoing value of partnering with Hyland and continue to work with us year after year.
Hyland's enterprise content management (ECM) solution, OnBase, is one of the most flexible and comprehensive ECM products on the market today. OnBase empowers users to grow their solutions as needs change and business evolves. It is tailored for departments, but comprehensive for the enterprise, designed to give you what you need today and evolve with you over time. For more information about Hyland Software's ECM solutions, please visit Hyland.com.
SOURCE Hyland Software