The market for dairy products in India is projected to grow at a CAGR of over 7% during 2016 - 2021.
India is the largest producer of milk and dairy products in the world. The country has experienced tremendous improvement in per capita availability of milk over the last five years. Organized dairy products market in the country is witnessing growth, on account of rising demand for functional dairy products, due to their low fat and cholesterol content.
India is witnessing entry of large number of international players, offering a variety of non-conventional dairy products such as yogurts and probiotic drinks. However, unorganized sector, which comprises small farmers, accounts for a majority share in the country's dairy products market. Domestic players are also increasing their focus on offering products for health conscious consumers and introducing packaging innovations to strengthen their market position.
In 2015, North India dominated the country's dairy products market, on account of increasing per capita expenditure, rising youth population, introduction of value added dairy products, changing consumption patterns, and growing penetration of international players. India dairy products market is witnessing a shift towards healthier products such as probiotic drinks, yogurts, etc.
Few of the leading players operating in India dairy products market include Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd., National Dairy Development Board, Karnataka Cooperative Milk Producers Federation Ltd., and Tamil Nadu Co-operative Milk Producers' Federation Limited, among others.
"India Dairy Products Market By Type, Competition Forecast & Opportunities, 2011 - 2021" discusses
- India Dairy Products Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis - By Type (Drinking Milk, Ghee, Butter, Ice Cream, Milk Powder, Cheese, Yogurts, Probiotic Drinks & Others); By Organized vs. Unorganized
- Policy and Regulatory Landscape
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Market Trends & Developments
- Implementation of Favorable Government Initiatives
- Adoption of Automation by Private Players
- Rising Demand for Yogurt and Western Dairy Products
- Steady Rise in Demand for Organic Milk
- Increasing Demand For Packaged Products
- Andhra Pradesh Dairy Development Cooperative Federation Ltd
- Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd
- Hatsun Agro Products Ltd
- Heritage Foods Ltd
- Karnataka Cooperative Milk Producers Federation Ltd
- Kwality Dairy India Limited
- National Dairy Development Board
- Parag Milk Foods Limited
- Paras Dairy
- Tamil Nadu Co-operative Milk Producers' Federation Limited
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qqmht9/india_dairy
Related Topics: Dairy Products, Cheese, Butter
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/india-dairy-products-drinking-milk-ghee-butter-ice-cream-milk-powder-cheese-yogurts-probiotic-drinks-market-competition-forecast-and-opportunities-2021---research-and-markets-300319961.html
SOURCE Research and Markets