NEW YORK, May 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Extruded snacks is a type of snacking item which is prepared by the extrusion process wherein raw materials like starch rich materials for example corn, maize, wheat, rice, potato flour, etc. are first ground to the correct particle size, usually the consistency of coarse flour process, and then they are transformed into hot melt fluids or into the dry mix. This mix is passed through a pre-conditioner, in which other ingredients are added depending on the target product; these may be liquid sugar, fats, dyes, meats or water. Steam is injected to start the cooking process, and the preconditioned mix (extrude) is then passed through an extruder and then expanded or puffed via an extruder to make a snack. For example, finger snacks like PepsiCo's Kurkure, Prataap Snacks' Yellow Diamond, ITC's Bingo etc. Furthermore, cheese puffs, bacon balls, burger rings and few other designed snacks fall under this category.
India Extruded Snacks Market: Drivers and Restraints
India extruded snacks market is growing at a significant rate and is anticipated to grow at a high CAGR through 2021 on account of changing taste and preferences of the India consumers, growing demand for different snack flavors, increasing acceptance level of western snacks in the country's conventional diet coupled with rising disposable income, availability of extruded snacks at low prices which makes it affordable for all customer segment, etc. Furthermore, leading players like PepsiCo, ITC and others are consistently launching new products and they are spending heavy amount on marketing and advertising and extruded snacks' ads can be seen even in remote part of the country.
Growing health problems like obesity, high cholesterol level, etc. and rising health consciousness is expected to pose a challenge for extruded snacks market in India.
India Extruded Snacks Market: Segmentation
The India Extruded Snacks Market is classified on the basis of type, region and company.
India Extruded Snacks Market, By Type
- Potato Extruded Snacks
- Corn Extruded Snacks
- Rice Extruded Snacks
- Mixed Grain Extruded Snacks
India Extruded Snacks Market: By Region
Currently, West India region accounted for the largest share in the extruded snacks market in India on account of presence of states like Gujarat and Maharashtra, where extruded snacks consumption is considered to be the highest in India, rising spending power and changing taste preferences of the consumers. Attributed to high population density, increasing middle class population, large share of youth and working population, etc. North region is expected to hold the second highest market share in the extruded snacks market in India.
India Extruded Snacks Market: Key Players
PepsiCo., Haldiram Foods International Pvt. Ltd, Balaji Wafers Pvt. Ltd, ITC Limited, Parle Products Pvt. Ltd. and Prataap Snacks Private Limited, are some of the major players operating in extruded snacks market in India.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Size, Market Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis - By Type, By Region & By Company
- Regional Analysis for the following regions:
- North Region
- South Region
- West Region
- East Region
- Market Dynamics (Market Drivers, Challenges & their Impact Analysis)
- Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape
- Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of extruded snacks market
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the next five years
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer's specific needs.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- How do growth rates in the market vary by segment, sub-segments and region?
- What are the most important growth drivers and opportunities in the market?
- What strategies should market competitors employ to gain share in mature segments of the market?
- What are the competitor profiles in this market and how do they compete for market share?
About TechSci Research
TechSci Research is a global market research and consulting company with offices in Canada, UK and India. TechSci Research provides market research consulting services in six verticals - Information Technology, Chemicals, Water & Water Recycling, Consumer Goods & Retail, Automotive and Energy & Power. The company uses proprietary innovative business model that focuses on improved productivity that also ensure the creation of high-quality reports. With more than 100 client engagements with fortune 500 clients, TechSci Research enjoys the status of a premium market research services provider in the industry.
Sales & Marketing Consultant
Contact Phone- +1 646 360 1656
SOURCE TechSci Research