NEW YORK, July 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
FM Radio channels are one of the leading entertainment and information medium for citizens in the country. The FM Radio service providers in the nation are increasingly making their broadcasted shows more customer engaging, entertaining and informative.
FM Radio in India was launched in the year 1977 and have always remained popular among various age groups of people in the country. As well, with the growing localization of FM Radio shows, the popularity of FM Radio services witnessed an increase over last few years.
India FM Radio Market: Outlook
FM Radio market is currently witnessing the exponential growth on the back of increasing expansion initiatives of FM Radio channels supported by the government, growing advertisement spending of brands to reach to the diverse customer base, increasing use of internet radio, and so on.
Internet radio is relatively new concept to the India FM Radio ecosystem which helps the FM Radio companies to reach to diverse geographies. With the increasing internet penetration in the country more and more people are listening music via internet. Further, the growing smartphone user base which is expected to cross 390 million by 2021 is driving the internet FM radio market in the country.
Further, the ever-green consumer preference to listen to the radio during the travelling hours is adding to more and more number of listeners to the FM Radio channels. FM radio provides competitively in-expensive advertisement option to the local companies to cater to the regional population which is alluring more and more advertisers into the market.
India FM Radio Market: Key Drivers
Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India continuous initiative to make FM Radio services efficient and effective for every stakeholder in the ecosystem is the key driver for the growth of FM Radio Market in the country.
Recently, the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting have released the notification, inviting applications for e-auction of 266 FM radio channels across 92 cities to enhance the FM Radio presence in the remote areas along with the enhanced presence across the border states such as Jammu and Kashmir. The initiative is the second batch of roll-out of FM radio channels under FM Phase III policy.
Earlier, in September 2015 the ministry had announced the results of the first batch of private FM radio Phase III channels. The first batch of FM Phase III offered 135 channels in 69 cities. Reliance Network Broadcast Limited, HT Media Limited, Digital Radio (Mumbai) Broadcasting Limited, Entertainment Network India Limited, Rajasthan Patrika Private Limited, DB Crop limited, and so on are the key FM radio players to which radio frequencies were allocated.
India FM Radio Market: Region wise Outlook
The report provides the in-depth analysis of FM Radio market on regional basis categorized as - North, West, South, and East. India had over 240 operational private FM radio stations in 2015 and had over 100 million listenership. Among the region, North India dominates the total Indian FM radio market. The presence of radio stations such as Red FM, Radio Mirchi, Big FM, City FM, Hit FM, Big FM, etc. along with the high number of listenership in the region are the key reasons for this flourishing growth. Further, the adoption of FM Radio channels for advertisement and brand promotion, government campaigning etc. enhances the revenue of the players in the region.
India FM Radio Market: Segmentation
The India FM Radio Market can be segmented on the basis of Type of FM radio, By Public and Private radio, Region, and Company.
Based on the Type of FM radio, the India FM Radio Market can be divided into the following segments:
Based on the Ownership, the India FM Radio Market can be divided into the following segments:
Based on the by Sector, the India FM Radio Market can be divided into the following segments:
- Consumer Goods
- Real Estate
- Others (Government, Retail, e-Commerce, Professional Services, NGOs, etc.)
Based on the Region, the India FM Radio Market can be divided into the following segments along with the market share by key states:
India FM Radio Market: Key Players
The key leading players in India FM Radio market are Prasar Bharti, Reliance Broadcast Network Limited, HT Media Limited, Entertainment Network India Limited, HT Media Limited, Music Broadcast Private Limited. Information on these key players is covered in the India FM Radio Market report.
The report provides detailed company profiles with key segments including business segments, product offerings, facts and figures along with the historical data and operating history of the company.
Why Should You Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of FM Radio Market of India
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth over next five years
- To help industry consultants, FM radio providers understand the industry dynamics and plan their market strategies
- To obtain research-based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer's specific needs
The report is an outcome of in-depth primary and secondary research by industry experts. This market research report is a strategic guide to industry players offering FM Radio services in the Indian market and has strategized to enter into the Indian FM Radio Market. The key trends and growth drivers, challenges, end user sector adoption trends, etc. have been taken into consideration before devising the Indian market size and market share for the FM radio market. The report discusses in detail about the reasoning behind current market growth as well as historical market size and analysis, along with the forecast market size and key reasons for the growth in the country.
- Market Size & Forecast
- Market Share & Forecast - By Type, By Ownership, By Company, By Region
- Regional & Segmental Analysis
- Emerging Trends & Upcoming Opportunities
- Market Attractiveness Index
- Competitive Landscape
- Strategic Recommendations
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What is the FM radio business model in India?
- How the key players are positioned on the basis of language, customers, etc.?
- What type of support is provided by the Government to help FM Radio ecosystem grow in the country?
- What are the key drivers which will take the market to the next level?
- Which are the dominating regions in the country and how these regions will grow in the coming years?
- Which are the key players providing FM Radio services? What is the market share of key players in the India FM Radio Market and how market share dynamics will change in the coming five years?
- Which are the key revenue generating sectors for FM Radio market in India?
- Which are the key opportunity areas to invest in the market?
- What are the key strategies to grow in India FM Radio market?
About TechSci Research
TechSci Research is a leading global market research firm publishing premium market research reports. Serving 700 global clients with more than 600 premium market research studies, TechSci Research is serving clients across 11 different industrial verticals. TechSci Research specializes in research based consulting assignments in high growth and emerging markets, leading technologies and niche applications. Our workforce of more than 100 fulltime Analysts and Consultants employing innovative research solutions and tracking global and country specific high growth markets helps TechSci clients to lead rather than follow market trends.
Mr. Ken Mathews
708 Third Avenue,
New York - 10017
Connect with us on Twitter - https://twitter.com/TechSciResearch
Connect with us on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/techsci-research
SOURCE TechSci Research