LONDON, March 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Over the last few years, India online grocery market has been continuously evolving, backed by escalating number of smartphone users and increasing number of young professionals. A large base of the country's population is getting busier, with lesser time to get involved in household activities or to indulge in grocery shopping, thus driving the market for online grocery in India. With growing e-commerce market, increasing consumer awareness, rising disposable income and advent of various technological advancements over the last few years, the online grocery stores are rapidly replacing physical stores across India. In addition, advantages associated with online grocery retail such as omni-channel experience, price advantages, product variety and fast delivery is further fueling growth in the country's online grocery market.
According to "India Online Grocery Market By Product Type, Consumer Behaviour, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011 – 2021", the online grocery market in India is projected to grow at a CAGR of 55% during 2016 – 2021. In 2015, among all the products being offered by various e-grocers, food grains accounted for the lion's share in the overall market, followed by bread, bakery and dairy products. Region-wise, the southern region dominated the country's online grocery market in 2015 on account of increasing number of hi-tech cities in the region coupled with higher awareness among consumers. Few of the leading players operating in the India online grocery market include BigBasket, Grofers and Papertap, among others.
"India Online Grocery Market By Product Type, Consumer Behaviour, Competition Forecast and Opportunities, 2011 – 2021" discusses the following aspects related to online grocery market in India:
- India Online Grocery Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Segmental Analysis – By Product Type (Food Grains; Bread, Bakery & Dairy Products; Fruits & Vegetables; Personal Care; Dry & Baking Products; Household Products; Beverages; Meat & Meat Products; & Others)
- Consumer Behavior & Attitude
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report?
- To gain an in-depth understanding of the India online grocery market
- To identify the on-going trends, and anticipated growth over the next five years
- To help industry consultants, major players and new entrepreneurs align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research-based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To gain competitive knowledge of leading market players
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer's specific needs
The information contained in this report is based upon both primary and secondary sources. Primary research included interviews with online grocery service providers and industry experts. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports and other proprietary databases.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3703394/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/india-online-grocery-market-by-product-type-consumer-behaviour-competition-forecast-and-opportunities-2011--2021-300241308.html