Indiaspora Announces Inaugural Ball to Honor President Obama
Indian Americans to Celebrate Their Arrival on the National Stage in Washington
WASHINGTON, Dec. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Indiaspora, founded by community leaders to unite Indian Americans, announced the Indiaspora 2013 Inaugural Ball to honor President Obama's second term as President of the United States. Indian Americans and well-wishers from around the globe will celebrate the community's success and the re-election of President Obama at a formal cross-cultural gala on January 19, 2013 at the Mandarin Oriental Washington, D.C.
Join the world's oldest and largest democracies in congratulating President Barack Obama as he is sworn in to his second term as President of the United States. For information on how to attend, visit: http://www.indiaspora.org/inauguration
As Indian Americans play a larger role in national politics, they are enjoying:
- A big "thank you" from President Obama - A new study shows 75 percent of Indian Americans in swing states supported the president's re-election.
- A presence in national politics and more – Californian Dr. Ami Bera was elected to the House of Representatives, the third Indian American to be elected to Congress. And from across the country 16 others were able to join the ranks of elected public servants.
- A bigger role in campaign fundraising – Experts say Indian Americans are raising more money than ever for candidates on both sides of the aisle in local, state-wide and national races.
With the highest median income and educational attainment amongst all Asian Americans according to a recent Pew Center study, the community's political prominence now matches that of Indian Americans in other disciplines.
The Indiaspora Inaugural Ball will serve as a catalyst for:
- Supporting Indian American candidates at all levels of American government regardless of party affiliation
- Raising the awareness and resources needed to take care of the underprivileged and "invisibles" in the U.S. community
- A kick-start for President Obama's second-term "strategic partnership" with India
- A strong commitment from our Indian compatriots that reform policies will be carried through
- An effective set of philanthropic models that can serve as a bridge between the U.S. and India
The evening of festivities will underscore the strengths and benefits of the U.S.-India relationship. The many bridges which connect the two countries - spanning cultural, business, educational, healthcare and philanthropic traditions - will be on prominent display against the backdrop of President Obama's second term inaugural.
Founded in 2012 by M.R. Rangaswami under the auspices of the nonprofit SHG Foundation, Indiaspora aims to unite the professionally, geographically and religiously diverse community of Indian Americans by identifying issues, debating outcomes and recommending actionable solutions.
To join the conversation, follow Indiaspora on Twitter: @IndiasporaForum.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.