NEW YORK, Jan. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Penton's Waste360 Group today announced the industry technology leaders that will present at the 2016 Global Waste Management Symposium (GWMS) (www.wastesymposium.com), which will convene January 31-February 3, 2016 at the Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa in Indian Wells, CA. Produced in conjunction with Environmental Research and Education Foundation (EREF) and the National Waste & Recycling Association (NWRA), the Symposium is North America's leading technical conference for the presentation of applied and fundamental research and case studies on waste management. To register to attend, click here.
GWMS serves the needs of landfill owners and operators, as well as engineers and consultant and vendor communities researchers, vendors/suppliers, solid waste generators, government agencies, waste service companies, trade organizations and academicians.
"2016 attendee registration has grown over thirty percent from the 2014 GWMS event indicating the high demand for the excellent education and networking opportunities that this biennial event offers," said Mark Hickey, Vice President, Penton's Waste360 Group. "The Symposium is the perfect place for the global waste community to share ideas and problem solve with colleagues about critical industry issues. We've created an outstanding technical program delivering the vital information and research attendees need to know."
GWMS will offer presentations from solid waste engineering thought leaders.
- Jacques Franco, Science and Policy Fellow at the University of California, Davis Policy Institute for Energy, Environment and Economy, will keynote the event. Franco will discuss the development and performance of California's environmental, climate and energy policies, programs and goals; the state's recycling and waste management policies; the status of conversion technologies facilities to manage urban derived organic residuals; and will explore what to expect in the future.
- Barnes Johnson, Director of the Office of Resource Conservation and Recovery from the Office of Land and Emergency Management at the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) will provide an update on national and international activities at the EPA with a focus on materials management and sustainability. He will also introduce EPA's new Strategic Plan for the Sustainable Materials Management (SMM) Program, to meet the new goal to reduce food loss and waste by 50% by 2030.
- Michael E. Hoffman, Managing Director at Stifel will discuss The State of Solid Waste with a focus on the volume recovery peak, how the Consumer Products Index (CPI) challenges waste initiatives, the shift from a commodity based model to a process fee model, the relevance of landfills, if diversion and recycling goals can coexist and if food waste recycling is a realizable goal.
Bryan Staley, Ph.D., P.E., President and CEO, EREF said, "The GWMS serves the needs of waste management facility owners and operators, as well as their engineers and the consultant and vendor communities. This year's program will be more comprehensive than ever, delivering the critical content and research that attendees need to know. With 100 innovative oral and poster presentations and breakthrough research, this is a 'must-attend' event for industry professionals."
In addition, the conference will offer innovative presentations and posters in many areas related to solid waste engineering and management.
Conference education sessions will focus on the following topics:
- Organic Diversion
- Landfill Operations
- Elevated Landfill Temperatures
- Leachate Treatment & Case Studies
- Waste Management Planning
- Coal Combustion Residuals
- Gas Collection & System Management
- Anaerobic Digestion
To learn more about the conference agenda, click here to view the agenda.
For more information and to register to attend the 2016 Global Waste Management Symposium, visit www.wastesymposium.com.
Media interested in obtaining media credentials to attend the 2016 Global Waste Management Symposium, contact Meredith Fortunato, Meredith.email@example.com
Gold event sponsors include Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc., O'Brien & Gere, Republic Services, Tetra Tech and Waste Connections. Silver sponsors include Brown and Caldwell, Geosyntec Consultants, Inc, SCS Engineers, Waste Management and Weaver Consultants Group. Bronze sponsors include Applied Industrial Technologies and QED Environmental Systems.
About Penton's Waste360 Group
Penton's Waste360 Group harnesses the power of its many properties to serve the solid waste and recycling industry. The industry widely consumes this content in the form of websites, live events, online learning and digital opportunities and more and includes: Waste360.com, WasteExpo, The Global Waste Management Symposium, the Waste360 Recycling Summit, and topical and timely eNewsletters including Waste360 Daily Wire. For more information, visit www.waste360.com.
Penton is an innovative information services company that empowers nearly 20 million business decision makers in markets that drive more than 12 trillion dollars in purchases each year. Our products inform with rich industry insights and workflow tools; engage through dynamic events, education and networking; and advance business with powerful marketing services programs. Penton is the way smart businesses buy, sell and grow.
Headquartered in New York, Penton is privately owned by MidOcean Partners and Wasserstein & Co., LP. For more information, visit http://www.penton.com or follow us on Twitter @PentonNow.