DALLAS, Aug. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today announced the industry's first 12G ultra-high-definition (UHD) serial digital interface (SDI) reclocker with integrated signal conditioning. The four-channel LMH1256 doubles the transmission rate of competing 6G devices, allowing broadcast video equipment to capture, record and play back 4K video signals at 60 Hz over a single link of coaxial cable. The LMH1256 reclocker addresses next-generation systems, including digital video routers, switches, encoders/decoders, modular cards, multi-viewers and display monitors. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/lmh1256-pr.
TI will demonstrate the LMH1256 operating with an Altera Stratix® V GX development board at IBC 2013 in Amsterdam, September 13-17 at Hall 11, Booth #G41.
The emerging 4K UHD standard delivers four times the image resolution compared to current 1080p HD video equipment. By enabling a screen display resolution of 3048 by 2160 pixels, 4K UHD presents video in much greater detail, offering consumers a more immersive TV viewing experience.
Key features and benefits of the LMH1256:
- Highest transmission rate available: Enables broadcast video equipment to transmit 4K video signals at 60 Hz over a single coaxial cable link, and deliver multi-rate operation at transmission speeds from 270 Mbps to 11.868 Gbps. The LMH1256 recovers the serial clock and retimes the serial data stream to suppress accumulated jitter.
- Integrated eye monitor: On-chip oscilloscope probe enables system designers to examine transmitted signals at any point in the system for faster time-to-market. Equipment end users save time and repair costs during debug and installation via the eye monitor's ability to detect a faulty signal or cable.
- Ultra-low power consumption: 200-mW typical power consumption enables system designers to pack in more channels and features into smaller frames.
- Reduced board size: As the number of video inputs/outputs increase, the LMH1256's four channels help customers design multi-channel equipment with smaller board size and footprint.
Tools and support An evaluation module (EVM) is available to help accelerate the development of 4K UHD-SDI video systems. The LMH1256EVM can be purchased for a suggested retail price of USD$699. An IBIS-AMI model is also available to verify board signal integrity requirements.
Engineers designing with the LMH1256 can ask questions and get answers from TI experts in the TI E2E™ Community High Speed Interface Forum.
Availability, packaging and pricing Samples of the LMH1256 are available today in a 48-pin, 7-mm by 7-mm QFN package, with production volumes expected in 1Q 2104. Pre-production pricing is currently set at US$35 in 1,000-unit quantities.
Learn more about TI's serial digital interface portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Order LMH1256 samples.
- Download the LMH1256 data sheet.
- View a broadcast scalable platform system block diagram.
- See TI's full portfolio for video communications.
About Texas Instruments Texas Instruments semiconductor innovations help 90,000 customers unlock the possibilities of the world as it could be – smarter, safer, greener, healthier and more fun. Our commitment to building a better future is ingrained in everything we do – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities. This is just the beginning of our story. Learn more at www.ti.com.
Trademarks TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments